What's new

Proraso white and tub vs. tube

I have the red and green tubes and enjoy both.

I'm about to use em up and am wondering if the tub is identical in consistency.

How does the white differ from the green? They both seem to reference eucalyptus and refreshing scents.

Tubes are a soft cream.

Tubs are are soft/firm soap. Load with a brush in tub.

Green has menthol for cooling, it's better than the white.

Blue is the best in the tubes. Amazing stuff. I've used at least 8 tubes over the past few years, based on my Amazon purchase history.

I use soap 95% of the time, but I vastly prefer proraso cream tubes over the tub. I like all of the scents.

White is refreshing, but hardly any menthol. Plus, it’s more of a lemon/herb scent than the green eucalyptus/menthol scent.

Just buy it. It’s like $10.

I have white tub had a green tube gave it away to much of that mentholy cooling effect going on and the blue tube which I do think is quite nice

to me the white is very plain which is why I reckon so many like it

I love proraso and history but I kinda like the smell and performance of some other soaps more though out of the green white and blue blue is my fav they also have some tubes of soap they say are for straight razors ? But they are really nice smelling as I did get to smell them at a local shave shop so that might also be worth looking into

enjoy all my proraso stuff.
tube vs tub, eh, either is fine in my book.

various proraso.jpg

I have white tub had a green tube gave it away to much of that mentholy cooling effect going on and the blue tube which I do think is quite nice

to me the white is very plain which is why I reckon so many like it

I love proraso and history but I kinda like the smell and performance of some other soaps more though out of the green white and blue blue is my fav they also have some tubes of soap they say are for straight razors ? But they are really nice smelling as I did get to smell them at a local shave shop so that might also be worth looking into
Blue?? I had no idea? How is it compared to red or green?

Is the tub a hard soap? Or is it is a cream?

Last edited:
Tubes are a soft cream.

Tubs are are soft/firm soap. Load with a brush in tub.

Green has menthol for cooling, it's better than the white.

Blue is the best in the tubes. Amazing stuff. I've used at least 8 tubes over the past few years, based on my Amazon purchase history.
This! Though I also love the Green and the White, Blue Proraso is the best skin feel of any cream I have used. And I like the scent too - sweet, earthy, soapy. Maybe a hint of liquorice?

Formulaically there should be no difference between the two. Creams are creams, tubs are croaps. (Should be the only difference). I hated white and had to give it away, I had the blue preshave which genuinely smelt like paint remover or turpentine. Stick with the green and red or try their single blade line imo.

Top Bottom