What's new

Proraso What's your favorite colour

White tub, I love how it cools your face as you shave. This is the only one I've tried so I don't know if the others cool as well.

I don't have a favorite. I've tried them all, and they're all fantastic. Each one fulfills a need and has a purpose. Anyone who likes any Proraso should do themselves a favor and try them all, tub or tube.

What does the white smell like?

Oatmeal and green tea. A very pleasant, soothing scent. The soap is subtle, but if you use the White pre, White soap, and then the White balm, it builds and is a bit stronger, but not too strong.

Oatmeal and green tea. A very pleasant, soothing scent. The soap is subtle, but if you use the White pre, White soap, and then the White balm, it builds and is a bit stronger, but not too strong.

Now if only they'd make the white tub soap in a tube. My life would be complete. :thumbup1:

Red! I've only used the tub, but it's my go-to in Winter. I LOVE the smell despite the fact I don't typically like sandalwood scents.

White is number two, purely for scent. The tub is the poorest performer of the lineup for me. Finicky, not very slick. The balm is unbeatable though. I love pairing it with the red tub!

Blue and Green are vying for third. I just can't fall in love with the Green (too sterile-smelling), and the Blue, although fresh and protective, just kinda smells like bar soap to me. Every now and then I get this slight "cologne" note though...It's subtle, but makes for a fine evening shave.

Green right now. But I've got a tub of red on the way, so that may change.

I'm really looking forward to this, actually. I've heard so many different things about it. Week scent, strong scent, best sandalwood, worst sandalwood, "the only shaving soap/cream that actually smells like authentic sandalwood", etc.

The one thing that has remained the same in nearly all assessments of it is that it is slick as snot, so hopefully that holds up. If it's as slick as I hear, and as dense/protective as I find the other two to be, this should be great.

I tried a sampler from Maggard, and it's Green all the way! So far, I've only been using the stuff from the tube, so I can't comment on tube v. tub yet. Once I burn through my inventory of Cella and Tabac, I'll get a tub of the Green and do a comparison v. the tube.

Top Bottom