What's new

Proraso vs. Cella?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Recently I have been rediscovering Cella croap. It is just fantastic. I am very interested in their splashes and balms as well.

I am also interested in Proraso Red. Splash/balm. But I could be interested in any of the different colors if I could figure out the difference among them.

I get the impression that Cella is better than Proraso. But, Proraso recently redid their formula. All the comparisons I could find were of their old formula.

For anyone who has used both of these product lines, any input you could provide about the advantages/disadvantages would be much appreciated!

Soaps are a very subjective thing I know, but imo Cella is far superior to Proraso. It smells great, provides great slickness and leaves me feeling as though I've just used a high quality product from the upper end of the market, all at a very modest price. Mind you, nothing wrong with Proraso - I can understand why people like it.

Talking aftershaves here, I'm a huge fan of the Cella Extra Extra Bio. The red Cella left me indifferent. The Proraso green is fine stuff, especially when seeking cooling menthol, and has a very nice face feel, but I'm not a big sandalwood fan and thus Proraso Red is not for me. Haven't tried any of the balms from these Italian firms, but intend to get there eventually.

Talking aftershaves here, I'm a huge fan of the Cella Extra Extra Bio. The red Cella left me indifferent. The Proraso green is fine stuff, especially when seeking cooling menthol, and has a very nice face feel, but I'm not a big sandalwood fan and thus Proraso Red is not for me. Haven't tried any of the balms from these Italian firms, but intend to get there eventually.

aside from his comments regarding Cella red, which Ive never tried, I can echo the rest of his comments, verbatim.

I love cella. Smell and performance are great. I would be happy with it as my daily soap.
Proraso green cream is great in the summer because of the cooling effect. Same with the after shave splash.
I am happy with both but kinda lean towards cella. Honestly though you should try both.

These brands both offer solid performing products. It is, in the end, subtle personal preferences which makes one of the brands a favourite.

Proraso did not reformulate. There is no such thing as a "super formula." I emailed proraso about this and they stated it's the same, just new packaging.

I would tell you what they wrote me but I deleted the email. If you email them at ProrasoUSA, they will tell you the same thing.

Are we comparing the soaps, aftershaves, or both? If we're talking aftershaves (this is the aftershave forum) I have both Proraso green splash and Cella original aftershave lotion on the way. I, too, was curious how they compare. Once they arrive I'll report back my results.

Recently I have been rediscovering Cella croap. It is just fantastic. I am very interested in their splashes and balms as well.

I am also interested in Proraso Red. Splash/balm. But I could be interested in any of the different colors if I could figure out the difference among them.

I get the impression that Cella is better than Proraso. But, Proraso recently redid their formula. All the comparisons I could find were of their old formula.

For anyone who has used both of these product lines, any input you could provide about the advantages/disadvantages would be much appreciated!
For me I find Cella to be better than Proraso. It is a wonderful soap, rich and silky lather. Not too expensive either. Prorasos lather can’t compete, it not as moisturizing either. Just my opinion of course!

I like Cella Red's performance, but not its scent nor its tendency to go rancid.

I like Proraso Green's performance almost as well and love its scent.

I like Proraso Red's performance and scent, but shea and I don't get along.

I love Cella Bio's performance - indeed it is in the absolute top tier of commercial soaps IMO - and its scent, and I could happily use it exclusively. The matching splash is quite nice, too.

I've never used a bad product from either company.

Proraso did not reformulate. There is no such thing as a "super formula." I emailed proraso about this and they stated it's the same, just new packaging.

I would tell you what they wrote me but I deleted the email. If you email them at ProrasoUSA, they will tell you the same thing.

Interesting...a customer service rep at Maggard's told me the same thing, but others on this board noted that the ingredients, at least for Proraso Green, were slightly different. For whatever it's worth, I do feel like the consistency of the new or repackaged Green cream is slightly different, and a bit better.

Top Bottom