What's new

Proraso Tube into Tub

I have a tub of Proraso White.
I have a tube of Proraso White.

The tube's cap broke. I've got an old toothpaste cap in its place (not the best solution as the threads are different).
Does anyone have any experience of putting their tube of cream into their tub of croap?
I had considered doing that once my tub has emptied out.

I have been doing this with my creams. I found I didn't like the lathering procedure on my face or a dollop in a mug, so I squeezed the whole tube into the mug. After it set for a few days, the consistency was about the same as a croap. Now I lather it in the mug just like a regular puck, which I enjoy doing much more.

I also mix creams which I don't like the performance of in order to get them used up. I found the Old Spice creams dried my skin out, so I started mixing it about half and half with a cream that performs really well and found that the results are quite acceptable.

i've re-potted Proraso single blade cream into small tins.
it hardened over time but still lathers and shaves great.

proraso wood spice plisson feather may 26 2018.jpg

I have a "hybrid" jar with Cade, Proraso, KMF, TOBS Cedarwood, and... something else. Hey, it works great, why toss it?

You can get lucky with a frankensoap bowl indeed
I have some mashed up razorocks and meissner which lather shave and smell more than decent lol though cream, croap and hard soap do not always mix up easily nor successful

Fwiw: I once squeezed out a tube of LEA professional cream, into my OS mug and let it dry out (cure?). After about 10-12 days I had LEA professional hard soap. It was fantastic!

I did this once a few years back... I had an empty tub and emptied a tube of Proraso red into it. I then let it sit out .. opened.. for a week or so. it stiffened up and worked pretty well with a brush. smelled nice too.

Top Bottom