What's new

Proraso Sunday.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
image.jpeg Today, was Proraso Sunday for me. For the first time I used Proraso Pre Shave Cream, I used a near empty tub of Proraso Green and to finish off again for the first time, Proraso Post Shave Balm. I have never used a pre shave product of any kind, apart from the odd facial cleanser or facial scrub. The Proraso Pre Shave went on after I washed my face with normal soap. It is very mentholly, I had to squint a far bit while I was rubbing it into my face. Certainly cleared the nostrils. You don't need a huge amount as I found out. I left it on and then lathered up the Proraso Green straight from the tub. I must admit to feeling a fair bit of heat on my face while I was creating the lather. The soap went on fine over the pre shave cream. Three pass shave on an Asco blade that was on its 7 and final shave. I find the Asco blades fine for 5 shaves and I palm strop the blade for the final 2 shaves. After a cold rinse I showered and then applied the Proraso Balm. Again, I found that you don't need too much. It took a little while for my face to absorb the balm, I probably had too much to start with. The smell is not over powering. I quite like it. I may use pre shave products again but it would have to be on a day when I have plenty of time to spare.

The balm is on my to-try list. I love anything with menthol and the more the better! Proraso is great stuff--croap or cream.

I have Proraso White and Edwin Jagger pre-shaves and prefer the Proraso because the menthol isn’t as strong. I generally use them if I’m using a shave cream or softer soap such as Proraso or Pino Silvestre.

If you’re a Lime fan then Proraso Azur Lime AS Balm is lovely, it’s also my wife’s favourite, and I’d certainly be buying a tube if they released it in a shaving cream.

proraso brush would complete the set!
Along with a Proraso Shavette and Shaving Mug or Bowl.

The green balm is one of my favorites. I would recommend trying Noxzema Classic Clean (the one in the blue tub) as a preshave instead of the Proraso. I find it works a bit better and is WAY less expensive.

View attachment 856118 Today, was Proraso Sunday for me. For the first time I used Proraso Pre Shave Cream, I used a near empty tub of Proraso Green and to finish off again for the first time, Proraso Post Shave Balm. I have never used a pre shave product of any kind, apart from the odd facial cleanser or facial scrub. The Proraso Pre Shave went on after I washed my face with normal soap. It is very mentholly, I had to squint a far bit while I was rubbing it into my face. Certainly cleared the nostrils. You don't need a huge amount as I found out. I left it on and then lathered up the Proraso Green straight from the tub. I must admit to feeling a fair bit of heat on my face while I was creating the lather. The soap went on fine over the pre shave cream. Three pass shave on an Asco blade that was on its 7 and final shave. I find the Asco blades fine for 5 shaves and I palm strop the blade for the final 2 shaves. After a cold rinse I showered and then applied the Proraso Balm. Again, I found that you don't need too much. It took a little while for my face to absorb the balm, I probably had too much to start with. The smell is not over powering. I quite like it. I may use pre shave products again but it would have to be on a day when I have plenty of time to spare.

Great set up. I love the Proraso Green combo - especially during heat waves.

If you find the Proraso Green line a tad too mentholly I would advise trying the white line. It still has a menthol kick but is a bit milder

Top Bottom