What's new

Proraso soap question from a recent convert

I have recently used the Proraso blue cream (hydrating with vitamin e and aloe) and I really liked it! However, I would prefer soap to cream overall. Yet when looking at the Proraso soaps range online there doesn’t seem to be a ‘blue’ version. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, is the ‘white’ sensitive Proraso soap menthol free? I don’t really get on with menthol and I wondered if this might be a possible alternative.

Thanks - confirms my thoughts as I couldn’t find a blue soap!

Interesting - so I will look for the new formula and give that a try.

I think the blue cream has menthol as an ingredient, but it’s so little I can’t even feel. Great cream

D19A8782-6859-49B7-B6AC-2A55F99EEDA7.jpeg

All Proraso soaps and creams of the same color have the same formula. Only difference is that creams rest for 3 days and soaps for 10 days. If you want a soap version of the blue, squirt it into a bowl and leave it open for a week

I find the blue to be superior to the white, by the way.

I think the blue cream has menthol as an ingredient, but it’s so little I can’t even feel. Great cream

View attachment 1190533
All Proraso soaps and creams of the same color have the same formula. Only difference is that creams rest for 3 days and soaps for 10 days. If you want a soap version of the blue, squirt it into a bowl and leave it open for a week

I find the blue to be superior to the white, by the way.

That is really useful advice - thanks. I can’t feel menthol in the blue at all so perhaps I have grown less sensitive over the years. I really love the blue cream just because it moisturises so well!

I think the blue cream has menthol as an ingredient, but it’s so little I can’t even feel.

New Super Formula blue has menthol, as well (vs new red and white which don't).

All Proraso soaps and creams of the same color have the same formula. Only difference is that creams rest for 3 days and soaps for 10 days.

Response from Proraso (re: bowl vs tube, dated 8.19.20):

"The formulas are really similar, but due to the different viscosity we have to add or remove some ingredients for their stability.

Thanks again.
Best regards
Stefano."

Top Bottom