What's new

Proraso soap or cream

Apart from different water content, they are both the same soap. The soap in a tube (cream) is cured for three days. The soap in a tub (soap) is cured for 10 days.

They are both easy to use. Proraso make both due to users preferring to make lather with either one or the other, covering the YMMV scenario.

I agree with the prior 3 comments. Performance: Same. The cream is quicker/easier, but the soap provides the satisfaction of loading the brush. The soap should last longer/be a little cheaper per shave, as it is more product and less water.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Both man. Proraso is a great soap/croap and cream. I have the White, Green and Red soaps in the tubs and the Green in cream. I think that you should just get both and test them for scientific research. Then report back to us with your findings.

I use both; travel with a tube of the cream and use the soap at home. Very similar results with both but I tend to over hydrate the cream and use more than necessary. The soap lasts much longer and I prefer the feel of the brush in the soap.

What's best and easiest to use proraso soap or cream

Obviously, All variants are Winners!!

proraso variants.jpg

Cream all the way, much easier to be consistent. Those little tubs are awkward and taper as the product gets used. One inch of cream is enough for two passes and touch-ups. Every single time. I get 60+ uses from a tube of cream, the pucks seem to get used in only 20-25 and my lather quality is all over the place!

As has already been said, it's basically the same product in different form.

If I had to choose, I'd go with the cream.

Actually, I used the Green cream earlier this evening and not only I got a creamy lather, but the shave was unexpectedly good too.

proxy.php

Cream all the way, much easier to be consistent. Those little tubs are awkward and taper as the product gets used. One inch of cream is enough for two passes and touch-ups. Every single time. I get 60+ uses from a tube of cream, the pucks seem to get used in only 20-25 and my lather quality is all over the place!
:w00t: Gosh! I get around 150 shaves from both the tub and the tube. I do two luxurious passes followed by a thick post-shave lather.

I've been using the green and red soaps for about 3 years and I like them both. I thought I'd give the cream a try and just landed my green tube this week. First mixing I added too much water and it was too thin so I had to add more cream to get a nice lather going. Second shave this morning I added less water and it was pretty good but not perfect. I still think I need more product and less water. Will give it a go again tomorrow. I really like the soaps. I don't prefer the cream over the soap at this point, but I'm only a couple shaves in and working on the mixing technique. Either way Proraso is very good and cost effective. I love menthol so the green is my favorite.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I've been using the green and red soaps for about 3 years and I like them both. I thought I'd give the cream a try and just landed my green tube this week. First mixing I added too much water and it was too thin so I had to add more cream to get a nice lather going. Second shave this morning I added less water and it was pretty good but not perfect. I still think I need more product and less water. Will give it a go again tomorrow. I really like the soaps. I don't prefer the cream over the soap at this point, but I'm only a couple shaves in and working on the mixing technique. Either way Proraso is very good and cost effective. I love menthol so the green is my favorite.
Proraso Green aftershave splash is one of my favorites, too.

The Blue is only available in the tube at this point. The Green, White and Red are available in either tube or tub. So, get one of those in a tub and the Blue in a tube and you can try both. It's the B&B way.
:biggrin1:

I have the Proraso Green soap and the C.O. Bigelow cream with is supposed to be the same as the Proraso in the tube. Love them both. The cream is very easy to get a quick lather but the soap is pretty easy to do the same.

Top Bottom