What's new

Proraso "Single Edge" Cypress & Vetyver

I bought a bag of this over a year ago and was particularly impressed with it, I had been hoping that the vetiver would be a bigger presence in the scent and cypress dominates (at least to my nose), on top of that the big floppy bag-o-soap aesthetic kinda turned me off...

Fast-forward to last week when I was digging through the orphan soap box and found that it was still there and had firmed up quite a bit since I first opened it *ages* ago. Then I realized that the texture was similar to a croap now, so I squeezed it all into an empty RazoRock tub, where I can now brush load it without having to deal with that big, ugly, unwieldy bag.

Now that I'm over any expectation of the scent, I have to say I'm enjoying it and though it's not an exceptional performer, it certainly has decent cushion and slide, enough so that I'll gladly put it in the rotation and use it all up, rather than PIF-ing it like I had been planning to do.

Well, that'll teach me to post without proofreading... "was particularly impressed" is actually supposed to be "was NOT particularly impressed"

derp

I am 3017 small package of this cream and it is so good, I very like it. Very good slickness, nice texture and I like the scent. Wood and spice has a nicer scent (and stronger), but this one really grew on me. What I would add is a bit of menthol in it, just because wood and spice has it and it is a nice experience.
I was planning to buy the big bag, but I realize that I like soaps a bit more then creams, but this is still a subject to change.
I can really recommend single edge line from Proraso.

Interesting! I'll need to re-visit my bag of W&S to see if it might have 'croaped' over the past year or two!!

proraso wood spice muehle joris symmetrical pottery july 9 2017.jpg

Even if this wood and spice doesn't dry out and stiffen at least it will be easier to just spoon a bit out. What a pain that bag was :p

IMG_2083.jpeg

I have the vetyver as a balm — like it although it did seem quite light especially compared to W&S, which I like quite a bit and find to be on the louder end of the spectrum :)

Well, that'll teach me to post without proofreading... "was particularly impressed" is actually supposed to be "was NOT particularly impressed"

derp
Dude, it's called Single Blade, not single edge. Get your act together! 😂 😂 😂

Then I realized that the texture was similar to a croap now, so I squeezed it all into an empty RazoRock tub, where I can now brush load it without having to deal with that big, ugly, unwieldy bag.

I transfered mine a while back too into an empty jar I had lying around, but mixed some "Norbeck Sport Shaving Cream" (peppermint & menthol scent) in with it. Left it out for 2 days now really has become a croap with a stunning scent. Really enjoy it.

So if you dont like those huge bags, I'd suggest just transfering the cream into an empty jar (200ml) and let it dry for a couple of days.

Top Bottom