What's new

Proraso Single Blade question

And while you are at it, how about Cypress and Vetiver? THAT one might open my wallet!

I'm a bit new at this game, so my descriptions won't have a good reference/basis to be helpful. Im sure.

"bright & fruity", "dry & leafy", "rich & woodsy" are about all you'll get from me.

Sorry.

But I DO like the scent of them all...
They are certainly more layered and complex than the standard Red and Green, for sure.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm a bit new at this game, so my descriptions won't have a good reference/basis to be helpful. Im sure.

"bright & fruity", "dry & leafy", "rich & woodsy" are about all you'll get from me.

Sorry.

But I DO like the scent of them all...
They are certainly more layered and complex than the standard Red and Green, for sure.
LOL! you have to realize this: you are speaking to a literal moron when it comes to fragrance descriptions. Give it yer best shot.

Another question, and anyone feel free to jump in: do ANY of these come close to "Sierra" by Coty? It was cheap and in a green bottle.

Is anyone else making ANYTHING close to "Sierra?"

What was this thread about? (Sorry, not sorry!)

shaved with the W&S scent today.

Although it does smell a LOT stronger than the other 2 "in the tube",
I found it no more overpowering in use than the C&V scent I used yesterday.

The W&S is a bit more "medicinal" smelling to me. Not unpleasant, but I like the C&V more.
Might be the bit of menthol in the W&S mix? it's not "menthol forward" like the standard Green, but it's there.
I did feel the cooling sensation when using, and not so much the smell. Wasn't expecting that.

I think I would like the W&S to be more wood, less spice?

Both W&S and C&V share some scent DNA, for sure. (all Proraso seems to have this to some degree....)
Especially the scent that lingers in the hours after the shave.

Next up: Azur Lime!

Azur Lime today.

As expected from my "smell test" this one was very pleasant, and not nearly as intense as the other two.
This "lime" is complex, and not a light, sweet scent at all.

All share the same Proraso "undertones" (soap smell?).

And examining the ingredients listings, all include some menthol in the mix - but only the W&S yields a cooling effect in use. (it seems the A&L variety would benefit the most from a menthol cooling effect? I don't associate a "woodsy" scent with menthol, but that's just me...)
None have a dominant Menthol smell.

Overall, I like the series.
C&V is my favorite. Probably not an "everyday user", but really great when you want a special, intense punch with some "staying power" to enjoy hours after your shave.

FYI: The Razor Company has these single-blade varieties in 100ml tubes, in stock @ $6.99/ea.

If someone is looking for a USA vendor for these...

I recently purchased a 275ml bladder of Proraso Wood & Spice shaving cream. I already had the cologne so I knew I'd like the smell.

Here's the thing. I've used Proraso cream plenty of times, and it's always been fairly easy. Squirt small amount on wet brush, bring to face, start lathering/adding water as needed. I can't do that with the Single Blade. It comes out fairly thick, to where if I try to put it on a brush, it just falls off. I have to bowl lather it after smooshing it down so the brush doesn't just beat the piece of cream around the bowl. And even then there's still hard chunks of the cream left in the shaving bowl.

Has anyone else had this problem? It might be a storage issue, but the entire line hasn't been around long enough for there to be one. Worst comes to worst, I figure I can find a bowl to empty the bladder into and just let it harden into soap, but I've got plenty of soaps already and would rather use this as intended.

I often have this issues when using shaving cream.
Hence, I smear cream on my face rather than squirt it on a brush.
Besides, I face-lather shaving cream exclusively.
In my experiences, shaving cream always cooperates with synthetic brush (EJ stf v2 and RR Bruce) very perfectly.
Are there any gents using the same method?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I often have this issues when using shaving cream.
Hence, I smear cream on my face rather than squirt it on a brush.
Besides, I face-lather shaving cream exclusively.
In my experiences, shaving cream always cooperates with synthetic brush (EJ stf v2 and RR Bruce) very perfectly.
Are there any gents using the same method?
Yes, and you are right!

Top Bottom