What's new

Proraso shaving cream green

Have you found the Proraso to be really thirsty? It's the only soap (croap) I've ever used so I can't really compare it to anything.
Which kind of Proraso?
For Proraso Green, as often as not I will soak the brush (usually a boar) in hot water during my prep shower, shake it out, charge it from the tub, and then build the lather (such as it is) on my still-wet face. I guess you could say I keep it relatively thick, using less water than for other croaps.
For Proraso Red I'll use a lather bowl, but still not a lot of water. A few drops sprinkled from my fingertips.

Oh yeah - I also float the covered tub in hot (from the tap) water during my prep shower. It softens it up a bit to speed up the charging, and it's not so cold when it first hits my face.

Sadly I have to order everything from an online vendor. Or drive an hour to Dallas.
I'm in the same position. It makes it especially difficult to choose a decent aftershave, when you can't sniff before you buy.
Fortunately, I like Mennen Skin Bracer and there's gallons of that around in local drugstores and Walmart.

Which kind of Proraso?
For Proraso Green, as often as not I will soak the brush (usually a boar) in hot water during my prep shower, shake it out, charge it from the tub, and then build the lather (such as it is) on my still-wet face. I guess you could say I keep it relatively thick, using less water than for other croaps.
For Proraso Red I'll use a lather bowl, but still not a lot of water. A few drops sprinkled from my fingertips.

Oh yeah - I also float the covered tub in hot (from the tap) water during my prep shower. It softens it up a bit to speed up the charging, and it's not so cold when it first hits my face.

I'm in the same position. It makes it especially difficult to choose a decent aftershave, when you can't sniff before you buy.
Fortunately, I like Mennen Skin Bracer and there's gallons of that around in local drugstores and Walmart.

Thanks for the response. I was in talking about the Proraso Red. I didn't imagine there would be much difference between the different colors when it came to getting a good lather out of them. I guess it makes sense that they would be a bit different, now that I think about it. After all, they do have different ingredients. Maybe I have to use souch water because I have hard, well water . Or maybe I just happen to prefer a thinner lather.

Green is a favorite of mine too. I like the cream and use it for travel exclusively. I find it performs as well as any cream I have. I do use a lot of it each shave. I love the scent more than any other product except tabac!

I have well water also, doesn't matter if I use the cream or the tub of it, it lathers pretty damn good, I did notice since making the change to my new Simpson brush that it's a little harder to lather now, and the lather is thinner if that makes sense. With the omega boar brush I was using, I could make a pretty serious foam with it.

I do realize that I don't have my new brush broken in yet. But overall the smell of the products is awesome and is a real go to for me!

after using the tube and the tub, I really like using the tub, I've just about cycled through my tub of green, and I have a feeling it will be a staple in my den and will always be in use.

I wonder if Proraso will do the new blue and yellow in the tub, or continue to offer it in the tube only.

I've been shaving with proraso for a long time. Love it, but will have to give 5 stars for the the proraso green shaving foam. The tube cream is great for face over the soap, because it's less time consuming. And doesn't make a mess. I use the shaving foam for face and body shaving. I just don't have the extra time to be fooling with soaps and creams. So to stay on the subject I will have to say the proraso shaving tube cream.

The green tub is my favorite along with their sensitive white aftershave. I prefer it over the red.

It's not the most crazy lathering soap but it gets the job done and it's quite reasonably priced.

I've noticed that the red lathers differently then the green, unless maybe I've broken in my Green since it's almost gone, and it's just at the end of it's life span.

I love the smell of the red, and there's a good chance, there will always be a tub of it in my den. I'm curious about the white though and I may pick that up later after I finish my red.

Top Bottom