What's new

Proraso shaving cream green

Proraso is the best selling shaving company at the moment, along with the ToOBS. One of the very first products that we try.

I love the Proraso green! I also like the white. I want to try the red but have not found it in my area. I use their pre shave as well. I am a big fan of their products.

I am lathering up to a 7-day rotation of Proraso products:

Day 1: Red Sandalwood, Moisturizing and Nourishing
Day 2: Green Menthol, Refreshing and Toning
Day 3: Cypress & Vetyver
Day 4: White, Sensitive Skin
Day 5: Wood & Spice
Day 6: Blue, Protective and Moisturizing
Day 7: Azur Lime

I'm a huge fan of the green, I'm working through the tub of it right now, and man when you pair that with the preshave, holy crap are the results awesome.

I bought one of the starter kits for $32 or whatever, that came with the preshave, the cream, and the aftershave, I started with the white for sensitive skin, and have pretty much burned through most of it, once that's gone, and I get through the tub of green, I'll buy another one of those kits.

I keep hearing rumors about the blue and how awesome that is, but then some people really hate it as well, it's like the red, it's a love hate thing. Guys either love the stuff or can't go near it. I wouldn't mind trying the wood and spice aftershave either.

Proraso Green was the first soap I purchased (first product was Rockwell cream) and it still sees heavy use in my rotation. Though that might lessen during the winter months.

I am using the complete Proraso green line, I’m in love. Maybe it’s the nostalgia, because that is what both my grandfathers used, maybe it’s the performance? Either way love it! Any one use the Red soap/cream on top of the green pre shave? Want to get the red line for fall/winter.

Attachments

• D868DA51-AC52-47E1-B7F6-F4CA506C473F.jpeg
    D868DA51-AC52-47E1-B7F6-F4CA506C473F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
I've just been starting out with traditional wet shaving and I've got the Proraso Red. So far I've been loving it. I've heard really good things about the green (especially the post shave cream), but I'm not a fan of menthol, so I went with the red. If I wasn't married, I'd marry that sandalwood smell. One of these days I'll have to try Taylors of Old Bond Street Sandalwood, I keep hearing how great it is.
proxy.php

I love the Proraso green! I also like the white. I want to try the red but have not found it in my area. I use their pre shave as well. I am a big fan of their products.
I got all of mine on Amazon.

I love the smell of the blue cream I wish I could identify the scent.
They say it smells of amber and musk... Whatever that's suppssup to smell like.

Last edited:
Love the Red for the lather and scent. :thumbup: (and the AS splash too)
Hate the Green. :18:
White ... meh. :frown2:
Never tried Blue.

:glare: I just cannot understand the appeal of the Green (croap). It is the least slick soap I have used, and that includes home-brew "shaving soaps" from the local Farmers Market.
Sadly, it appears to be the most abundant in local drugstores, but I have to order the Red from an online vendor.
I'm still working on my first tub of Green. I may have to pif it to an unsuspecting "friend".

Love the Red for the lather and scent. :thumbup: (and the AS splash too)
Hate the Green. :18:
White ... meh. :frown2:
Never tried Blue.

:glare: I just cannot understand the appeal of the Green (croap). It is the least slick soap I have used, and that includes home-brew "shaving soaps" from the local Farmers Market.
Sadly, it appears to be the most abundant in local drugstores, but I have to order the Red from an online vendor.
I'm still working on my first tub of Green. I may have to pif it to an unsuspecting "friend".
Lol. Sadly I have to order everything from an online vendor. Or drive an hour to Dallas. There's really nothing in my town other than canned foam and carts.

Have you found the Proraso to be really thirsty? It's the only soap (croap) I've ever used so I can't really compare it to anything. I typically start with a soaking wet brush (not dripping, but not shaken off either) then I load my brush over my lather bowl to catch all of the wet foam that drops. After the brush is loaded I build my lather in the bowl with the soupy proto-lather. Seems to work for me. Makes a slick (kind of wet) lather that you would think would slide off your face, but somehow doesn't.

Top Bottom