What's new

Proraso Shaving Cream Green --- VS --- Proraso Shaving Soap Green

Proraso Shaving Cream Green --- VS --- Proraso Shaving Soap Green

• Proraso Shaving Cream

• Proraso Shaving Soap

Results are only viewable after voting.
Which do you prefer the Proraso Cream or Proraso Soap?
Where is there more slickness and a thicker foam?
which one less dries the face?
I have sensitive skin and dry skin and thick beard, of the series I prefer only the green because of the smell and menthol ..
Many Thanks Have a Nice Day :001_smile

Proraso Cream (Green)
E10044002000000-537441229.jpg

Proraso Shaving Soap (Green)
71PQk-QENtL._SL1500_.jpg

I’ve read that they’re both the same base product, but the soap has a lower water content—it’s dried more prior to shipping (than the cream). I prefer the cream as I prefer squeezing out the product to brush loading. They’re both great, especially for the price!

I’ve read that they’re both the same base product, but the soap has a lower water content—it’s dried more prior to shipping (than the cream).

What he said.
Even though the previous formulation of the red cream had a pearl color instead of the white I see in the soaps images.
I don't know what that's about, but the formulation should be the same (maybe they added some colorant in the cream).
Basically it should depend on the format you like.

RE: Green Super Formula products.

Listed on the tube packaging is Sodium Metasilicate (a strong base), but not on the bowl version. Otherwise, the lists (of ingredients) are exactly the same.
In terms of performance, there's essentially no difference, ime.

Have both, use the tube far more often than the tub. No issues with either. I haven't thought about why, but the tube is winning, even though I generally prefer tub, puck, and stick soaps over tube creams. Go figure.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
According to the manufacturer (Ludovico Martelli Company, Florence - Italy) the cream and the soap are EXACTLY the same product in different consistency, due to different water content. Of course, I do agree.

That said, I prefer the cream. The main reason is that I like much more the Old School metal tube over the plastic tub. And I love to palm lather this soft cream, a truly great barbershop grade Italian marvel.

Last edited:
I have both but i greatly prefer the cream. Pre Covid i used to wake up really early in the morning to get ready for work and the cream (due to the higher water content) just lathered faster. I also like it for travel better than the tub. Additionally i like that the tube is closed and fully air tight when not in use, whereas the soap isnt really air tight.
Lastly i dont have to let my tube "air dry" whereas i have to let my soap air dry before covering with the lid.

I have the tub currently. It’s great.
The cream wasn’t bad though. Faster lathering with it. Today I placed an order for the green canned FOAM as I’ve been curious how it will compare to Barbasol.

to me it's a fairly clear choice.... I choose the brunette. All kidding aside.. I've used both and felt they were pretty comparable but i did make a bit of experiment. My soap was empty and I had a tube of the Red because i wanted to try that scent... I emptied the tube into the tub and let it dry for a few weeks. (The cabinet did smell heavenly during this time) When i shaved with it I found no discernable difference between using it from the tube or dried out in a tub

I prefer their creams over their soaps, not because of any ingredients or water level difference, but because I simply find I can control the lather better with the cream. It's easier for me to get good lather consistently with the cream, whereas the soap can be a hit or miss finale and come out dry sometimes.

Top Bottom