What's new

Proraso Sensitive Shave Soap

Anybody had a bad experience with Proraso Sensitive Shave Soap in the tub. I'm about a 3 weeks or so into wet shaving with a DE razor. Heard good things about Proraso, but my face feels on fire,dry, and like I want to scratch it off! Just bought some Kiss My Face Cream, but am yet to give it a shot.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I've used it several times. I haven't experienced any issues with it. Out of curiosity, what other products are you using?

Welcome to B & B!

In my experience the Proraso red and green creams in a tube are much better than the white in a tub. The creams and soaps are supposedly the same with a different water content, but for me the creams are easier to lather, produce a better lather, and are less likely to leave a soap scum residue. It might be the same ingredients in different ratios.

You are not the only one to complain about the white. The red seems to have a better track record.

I haven’t had a problem with the Proraso. A couple of soaps that I’ve used have made my face feel dry and itchy. What I came to realize is that just rinsing my face or lightly using a washcloth wasn’t getting all of the soap off my face. When I make sure the soap is cleared off the problem has gone away. I’ve noticed that Proraso seems not to wash out so easily from my lather bowl as many others. This might be what’s happening for you.

It's labeled sensitive but some people seem to get a skin reaction. I'd suggest the Cella Extra Extra Bio in the green tub which has a very good, simple formulation with ingredients that are less likely to cause problems.

Have had only great shaves with my Proraso "white" aka "sensitive"!
YMMV!!
(Does this belong in Shave Soap thread??)

proraso white rudy vey torrey june 30 2021.jpg

Seems to be the opposite experience I’ve had from Proraso, my face always feels hydrated and it lasts all day. But I only use the Refresh version in the green tube.

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
I use Proraso white in the tub quite a bit. I don’t have any issues with it. I do notice more soap residue in the sink than other soaps leave as others have mentioned. Proraso white balm is my go to after the shave.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I'm curious about your method of lathering, and what type of brush you're using. If you're face lathering with a new, and not yet broken in boar brush, and maybe pressing too hard while lathering your face, you may be causing the irritation (brush burn).
It's happened to me when I would get a bit too aggressive with a new brush on my face, and thought it was the soap causing the irritation.

I don't know if this is the case because I don't know what your using, or your method of applying the soap.

I'd recommend lathering Proraso using this method. I found when I started, I too would get a dry face and residue on the blade with Proraso. This worked for me to solve that issue and I do it will all soaps and creams now. Hope it works for you too.

Before switching to ARKO and now to Shaving Oil, Proraso Sensitive did a good job for me. Never faced negative skin reaction.

Top Bottom