What's new

proraso red super formula

Hi my thoughts on this soap .
tackle =
as said proraso red super
cheep synthetic brush
rockwell 6c #4

ok started by loading a almost dry brush then added a splash of water before moving to my face to lather. gave it a good lather adding water as i thought it needed it . it came up a nice slick creamy lather with a bit of a sandelwood scent .
i then went at it with the razor and found it to be a super shave once i got the water to soap mix right this likes to be wet if you dont it can clog your razor .

so in summing up it likes water its a good buy and those that know me know im a palmolive man but this might just change that .

Dame it .

you stated it's the "Super formula" are you able to identify any improvements vs the old? If you have used the old product, that is.
Thanks

it appears to be a softer base than the original . also it says super formula on the lid as the other didnt .
wp034528a3_06.png

proraso-shaving-soap-sandalwood-and-shea-butter-bowl-150-ml.jpg

and i find i get a better shave with it than the old one .

I haven't even seen this super Proraso on their company website or available anywhere in the U.S. I just started using the regular red tub. I consider it more of a croap. I found the lather to be really dense. So even if you apply a thin layer it's really thick, which is nice. Very different from the green, which I like too. To me it this smells like cinnamon. Smells a bit different to me when lathered than smelling the tub. 75% of my shaves I'm still using Tabac hard soap.

From previous discussions about Proraso Red, I believe the only thing that changed is the print on
the lid which says "super formula". Apparently same soap as before, not saying that's a bad thing though.

From previous discussions about Proraso Red, I believe the only thing that changed is the print on
the lid which says "super formula". Apparently same soap as before, not saying that's a bad thing though.
There was some crosstallk from different vendors, but several people who tried the Red said it seemed slicker. Then there is the pre-shave, which is also a "New Formula".

After using Proraso Red for a few years, I decided to try Stirling Spice, which I had read somewhere was similar to the original Old Spice. I found it NOTHING like OS, but still liked the scent and the shave nevertheless. So, that led me to try some other Stirlings....I found that I also like the Bay Rum, but not the Sandlewood (too weak a scent for my tastes). I'm just about
finished with the Sandlewood and just ordered good old Proraso Red again to see how it compares to Stirling. I've been reading
about Mama Bear's Aged Spice, and will probably try that and some of their other products next....I can see why a lot of you guys shave with a different soap every day!!

@svenzorn

It's funny, when a company like Proraso makes a change, it's not really a change!

But when one of these "artisans" starts changing things around, there's suddenly a new "base" with a fancy name!

You know what you could do, and this is a wild and crazy idea, actually try the new formula and see for yourself

This is interesting. Will the new "super formula" be limited to the red variety, or will the others have it too? I favor Proraso white, and I noticed a recent change in the top label design, as well as the elimination of the "anti-irritation" designation. It does still say "sensitive skin" and "with green tea and oats", and the label on the bottom, with the list of ingredients, has not changed.
20201019_193132.jpg

@svenzorn

It's funny, when a company like Proraso makes a change, it's not really a change!

But when one of these "artisans" starts changing things around, there's suddenly a new "base" with a fancy name!

You know what you could do, and this is a wild and crazy idea, actually try the new formula and see for yourself
I have way too many better performing artisan soaps to use, but Proraso Red Aftershave is one of my favorites

Neither of the above is the new white. The words "Super Formula" are on the new white lid; and the listed ingredients are different (no more menthol, for example).

The entire core line (green, red, blue and white) has been reformulated; and the performance of the new formulation is better, ime.

Neither of the above is the new white. The words "Super Formula" are on the new white lid; and the listed ingredients are different (no more menthol, for example).

The entire core line (green, red, blue and white) has been reformulated; and the performance of the new formulation is better, ime.

you see he gets it .

Top Bottom