What's new

Proraso Red Super Formula

My mixed 3-pack arrived yesterday. I took a whiff of each of them. I think red smells the best. I have to wait until FFFMM is over to try it out. I'll give the green a shot when it warms up a bit more. I've only used a can of Proraso Red.

I'm going to give the white to one of my friends -- I'll be PIFing him a razor, a few blades, a brush and stand, and the white Proraso cream. Hopefully, he'll enjoy it.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
:laugh: I'd be interested to know how the service compares (once you've received your order) please, Gary.
The Proraso arrived in today's mail, missing todays shave but will try some on the morrow. Pretty quick service, it was ordered the 2nd, sent on the 3rd via airmail. The vendor included a complimentary tuck of de blades as well

The Proraso arrived in today's mail, missing todays shave but will try some on the morrow. Pretty quick service, it was ordered the 2nd, sent on the 3rd via airmail. The vendor included a complimentary tuck of de blades as well
That's great Gary, thanks for letting me know.

I (obviously) don't know what soap you're using currently. (But) if it's NOT the previous Proraso version of your new order, I'd recommend using that first.

I went straight from my original Red to the new Red which made it easy to notice the differences. I think that would be more of a guessing game if your previous shave was with another soap altogether. Just a thought.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
That's great Gary, thanks for letting me know.

I (obviously) don't know what soap you're using currently. (But) if it's NOT the previous Proraso version of your new order, I'd recommend using that first.

I went straight from my original Red to the new Red which made it easy to notice the differences. I think that would be more of a guessing game if your previous shave was with another soap altogether. Just a thought.
Good thought, though I rotate soaps and creams daily and except when traveling won't have that solid point of comparison. I have used the Red Cream often ...

As Proraso Red is my all time favorite soap, I'll take the "beginner" title with thanks.

I feel ten years younger already. :thumbsup:

The same things that make a soap great for beginners make it enjoyable for more "mature" wet shavers. :)

I've been using the new green pre shave, shaving cream and aftershave for a few days now.

The results have been great. The cream is very easy to lather and provides plenty of protection. I'm not sure if the pre shave improves the quality of the shave but my skin feels good after using it. I wasn't keen on the smell of the aftershave at first, but it fades quickly and does a great job of soothing my skin (I was hoping for more menthol!)

Hi folks,
I received my proraso red today. What do you say.. Is it the old ir New formula? Its a new package design but whithout the suorr formula print and the ingedients differ from both above
proxy.php
proxy.php

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

FWIW, I ordered from LaBarbiera on eBay on Mar 22nd. Arrived in the US (California) today, April 10. I’m now ready for the remainder of my quarantine.

Not sure which I’ll try first, probably either the Red (wife’s favorite scent), or the Green (which she also likes).

6A7D96AD-9B3B-44DC-9517-53C2695F27FD.jpeg

I was about to order some of the new Proraso products from LaBarbiera right before they stopped international shipping due to the pandemic. :sad:

Wife picked the Green Super Formula for my evening shave. The new super formula is without a doubt much slicker than the old formula, as was described previously by others. Super slick, which makes for a nice shave.

However, like the old formula, the slickness goes away quickly once you make a pass with your razor. This is different than something like Stirling’s MITA, where the slickness remains even after making a pass with the razor. Your skin remains slick until your rinse off with water. The advantage is that it is easy to touch up a spot without having to relather. I was hoping that the new super formula Proraso would have this same characteristic, but it doesn’t. It’s not a huge deal, though, and I have always loved Proraso in spite of this one small flaw.

Overall, good stuff. The same Proraso scent, easy to lather, very slick on your skin, makes a great shave. Can’t go wrong with the old formula, and definitely can’t go wrong with the super formula.

I don’t have experience with the old soap but I love the super formula. I’ve been using the red this month. I PIF’d the white to a friend and the green to my brother-in-law.

The red smells great.

Reactions: Cal
I asked Maggard Razors today if they planned to carry the super formula line. They said eventually...once the official US distributor gets the products and they sell out of what they currently have in stock.

I have to give to Proraso in the fact that it’s not really a artisan soap but the slickness of the super formula is on par with many of them.
They borrowed the single edge formula which very slick and added those components to the regular formula.The single edge professional mix is awesome and the slickest soap I have bar none.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom