What's new

Proraso Red Super Formula

Both versions of the Red contain coumarin. That's an anti-coagulant. I wonder why it's included.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Both versions of the Red contain coumarin. That's an anti-coagulant. I wonder why it's included.

Coumarin is a natural aromatic bitter-sweet compound found in many plants. It has little or no anticoagulant effects, and is used in diluted concentrations in cosmetics generally as a fragrance ingredient. Coumarin is used to make Coumadin / Warfarin, I believe via a hydroxilation process, and is used in healthcare as a blood thinning agent. I will let others with better chemical background than me, elaborate on this process.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Since my tube of Red Proraso is just about done, and with the help of you enablers I ordered (first time) from La Barbiera. Will see if their level of delivery across the pond can beat Connaught, where I didn't see the new Super version listed ..

Since my tube of Red Proraso is just about done, and with the help of you enablers I ordered (first time) from La Barbiera. Will see if their level of delivery across the pond can beat Connaught, where I didn't see the new Super version listed ..
Connaught has the super formula available. It’s just not heavily promoted as such. But for the most part of the packaging appears updated, it’s the new formula. I just checked a generic tube of green cream listed in the site and when you open the page for the one item, it gives the full description and notes that it is the new super formula.

I've bookmarked the La Barbiera website to buy from them later on. It is cheaper through their site than through their eBay store. That price seems reasonable and much better than anything I've seen for ordering stateside.

garyg

Connaught has the super formula available. It’s just not heavily promoted as such. But for the most part of the packaging appears updated, it’s the new formula. I just checked a generic tube of green cream listed in the site and when you open the page for the one item, it gives the full description and notes that it is the new super formula.

That's odd, as I still can't find it - red/green/white nope .. must have been a sign to try the other vendor.

That's odd, as I still can't find it - red/green/white nope .. must have been a sign to try the other vendor.
E7A03839-4DA4-4F1B-BA0B-E69F32D5149C.jpeg

garyg

That explains it - I'd looked at the 3 tubs @ Connaught, which don't bear the SUPER moniker, and also I see the price on the green pictured is somewhat higher than their price for red or white 150's. Oh well, LaBarbiera says they've shipped already, so it's macht nichts for me at this point.

That explains it - I'd looked at the 3 tubs @ Connaught, which don't bear the SUPER moniker, and also I see the price on the green pictured is somewhat higher than their price for red or white 150's. Oh well, LaBarbiera says they've shipped already, so it's macht nichts for me at this point.

Those are the old formula and have been price-reduced to make room for the Super Formula, I’m guessing.

It’s strictly used for scent. Kind of a sweet, gourmand scent. Shows in LOTS of Italian soaps. If you ever smell the note on its own, you’ll instantly recognize that it’s in over half of the tfs/Razorock soft soaps.
It’s unmistakable.

Connaught has all of the new pre-shave, but only some of the new Super Formula soaps, creams and aftershaves. I assume he'll have them all shortly.

Connaught's a good store, it's shame he can't ship any products with alcohol to the USA. I want to try the new formula White aftershave.

:laugh: I'd be interested to know how the service compares (once you've received your order) please, Gary.

:laugh: I'd be interested to know how the service compares (once you've received your order) please, Gary.

I've ordered from La Barbiera a few times now and they've been great. Very reasonable pricing, free delivery in the UK and they're quick to dispatch.

I've ordered from La Barbiera a few times now and they've been great. Very reasonable pricing, free delivery in the UK and they're quick to dispatch.
Being in the UK, I have the same experience as you Captain Whiskers. :001_cool:

I just wanted to know how the experience compared to Connaught over the pond. :wink2:

I've ordered from Connaught and been pleased, and had been unaware of the existence of La Barbiera. I just had a very pleasant email exchange with the proprietor concerning the new Proraso products. As La Barbiera has all the new super formulas available now at a very reasonable price, including the aftershave balms, they were very responsive to my questions, and I like to support as many small businesses in our hobby as I can, I think I'm going to give them a try. We are indeed lucky to have an abundance of good vendors.

Top Bottom