What's new

Proraso Red Super Formula

Has anyone found a USA domestic source for the Proraso Red Super Formula Tub yet?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I couldn't find a USA source but I did order off of eBay for the new formula. It was a three-pack of the red, green and white. It isn't supposed to arrive until April. We'll see if the seller is reputable.

I get mine from La Barbiera, here in the UK. A B&B friend checked for me and the cost (shipped to the US) was $9.57 for one tub and $16.57 for three.

FFFMM-SOTD-R_2020-03-02.jpg
:001_wub:

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I see now what your talking about now, just hadn't read any information about it. Everything is the same as mine that I just bought from Italian Barber, except for the added "SUPER FORMULA" added to the label in this picture. I guess we'll have to wait for reporting from people buying it.
s-l1600 (1).jpg

How's the performance?
Here's a reply I gave on the FFFMM thread:

Atlantic59 said:
Cal, other than a few words from Marco, we have not heard much about the Proraso Super Formula on this side of the pond. How do you like it?
The only new Super Formula item I have is the Proraso Red soap, Atlantic59. I changed to it directly from the original Red. The scent is the same (which I like). Everything else is just "better."

The thing that caught my attention most on my first shave with the Super Formula was that (apart from giving me a big smile) I just couldn't do any skin stretching at all. My sticky (alum'd) fingers slid off all the time. I've overcome that "problem" now, but it took a while.

The original Red was my all time favorite soap, now the new Super Formula Red is. :001_wub:

I have to give to Proraso in the fact that it’s not really a artisan soap but the slickness of the super formula is on par with many of them.

What's your estimate on how many shaves you get out of a Proraso tub?

I am a face latherer and I shave every other day. So I'm trying to get a rough idea of how long it would last. I know that YMMV is also at play.

Connaught looks to be mostly stocked with the new line. I ordered blue pre shave back in mid january and received the new formula and packaging for that item. They are pretty quick to ship to the states and the free shipping threshold is reasonable.

I am a face latherer and I shave every other day. So I'm trying to get a rough idea of how long it would last. I know that YMMV is also at play.
I usually get 4-6 months from a tub (old formula) and I also shave every other day. For me it depends on how much I load the brush. With the new formula I’m not sure how long it will last.

I used to weigh my shaving soap tubs after every shave. On Proraso Red I averaged 1.0g per shave. So, if you happen to use exactly the same amount of soap that I do*, that's 150 shaves per tub.

* Never forget YMMV. :wink2:

Top Bottom