What's new

Proraso Red & Pre-electric Shaves

Hello. I recently bought the Proraso Red shaving soap. I liked the scent, pleasant and mild, so I went ahead and purchased the matching aftershave to go with it. Wow! Powerful stuff! It has that tiny little hole to shake it out of the bottle, and I only got a few drops out before I got tired of trying to get anymore out of it. I rubbed that little bit around my face, and I think the scent might have been powerful enough to start damaging my olfactory system. Seriously, though, I did not expect that given the soap scent was so tame. I could smell it strong, emphasis on strong, for an hour and a half. Then it started to fade to what I expected in the beginning. I like the mild scent, but this Proraso concentrate about knocked me over. I said to myself, whenever I use this one, cheeks and neck only, nowhere directly under the nose. Have any of you encountered any soap scents you like but were bowled over by the matching aftershave scent?

I was going through the cabinets yesterday, looking at what I thought was an old cologne or aftershave. Turns out it was a Stetson pre-shave for electric razors. (My Dad used an electric razor. I remember his Lectric-Shave pre-shave splash.) I'm guessing these pre-shaves could be used as an aftershave if one wanted. Eh? Splash on your face whatever you want? Or would pre-shave formulas not be good for an aftershave?

Hello. I recently bought the Proraso Red shaving soap. I liked the scent, pleasant and mild, so I went ahead and purchased the matching aftershave to go with it. Wow! Powerful stuff! It has that tiny little hole to shake it out of the bottle, and I only got a few drops out before I got tired of trying to get anymore out of it. I rubbed that little bit around my face, and I think the scent might have been powerful enough to start damaging my olfactory system. Seriously, though, I did not expect that given the soap scent was so tame. I could smell it strong, emphasis on strong, for an hour and a half. Then it started to fade to what I expected in the beginning. I like the mild scent, but this Proraso concentrate about knocked me over. I said to myself, whenever I use this one, cheeks and neck only, nowhere directly under the nose. Have any of you encountered any soap scents you like but were bowled over by the matching aftershave scent?

I was going through the cabinets yesterday, looking at what I thought was an old cologne or aftershave. Turns out it was a Stetson pre-shave for electric razors. (My Dad used an electric razor. I remember his Lectric-Shave pre-shave splash.) I'm guessing these pre-shaves could be used as an aftershave if one wanted. Eh? Splash on your face whatever you want? Or would pre-shave formulas not be good for an aftershave?
Most pre-electric shave lotions like Lectric Shave say on the label to rinse off after using and then apply an aftershave of your choosing. I use Lectric Shave when I use my Braun Shavers.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

Most pre-electric shave lotions like Lectric Shave say on the label to rinse off after using and then apply an aftershave of your choosing. I use Lectric Shave when I use my Braun Shavers.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk
Thank you.

Top Bottom