What's new

Proraso Red aftershave lotion (splash)

Got a bottle from Amazon at an $11 sale price. Thought it would smell more like their Red (sandalwood) shave cream but it doesn't. I tried it last night and it reminded me of current Old Spice with notes of vanilla (which I didn't notice on the ingredient list) and sandalwood which becomes more prominent as it dries down. But I must say, I like it much more than the Green Splash. I won't really know until I've used it a few more times but the initial use was :thumbup: .

Last edited:
It's very good for Fall & Winter. It's compatible with the Red soap, but not an exact match. I think that's intentional. In the same way, the Green splash is compatible, but not an exact match with the Green soap. That means it will work with many other soaps, as well.

Got a bottle from Amazon at an $11 sale price. Thought it would smell more like their Red (sandalwood) shave cream but it doesn't. I tried it last night and it reminded me of current Old Spice with notes of vanilla (which I didn't notice on the ingredient list) and sandalwood which becomes more prominent as it dries down. But I must say, I like it much more than the Green Splash. I won't really know until I've used it a few more times but the initial use was :thumbup: .
That's my 95% of the time after shave. As you said, doesn't smell like the cream but it complements it perfectly. Matter of fact, it complements pretty much any shaving cream. I rarely use any other shave cream that's not TOBS Cedarwood and it matches it perfectly. Another nice thing about it (for me) is the fact that it's not a "burn" aftershave. I don't like any aftershave that stings. And it leaves your face feeling refreshed. I buy 2-3 bottles at a time! Good stuff!

Today, I shaved late and ended up using this after TOBS Sandalwood. That works nicely together as well.

Is it more sticky than the green?

I’ve seen some comments about that. I’d love to try, but hate sticky feeling skin.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Great juice, I still use mine when using most Sandalwood soaps.

I got a pack of the red splash and cream last Sunday and have been using the cream all week, but I've used different splashes. The Proraso red splash leaves my skin feeling a little sticky and warm compared to my go-to Lilac Vegetal. This is not a bad thing as it's been cold here this week.

I use Nivea balm first, though, and use whatever splash on top of it, and that also contributes to the moisturizing factor quite a bit, I think.

I ordered a bottle of the Red aftershave lotion as well. Some of the Proraso products leave your skin drier than others. Each color is a different formula for different circumstances.

Top Bottom