What's new

Proraso Pre Shave in the shower

I tried the Hair Conditioner Pre followed by the Proraso Pre/Post next. I found that if I worked in the Hair Conditioner to the point where I could tell it had softened the hairs, & then applied the Pre/Post, I didn't have any issues.

However I was mainly using the Pre/Post for the tingling benefit, as I'm not sold on it having much of a Pre-Shave benefit (ala Conditioner, moisturizer, or oil) for my skin.

NMMB said:
Do we have any other people here who are familiar with both the pre/post applied in the shower and the hair conditioner applied in the shower who would care to add their two cents to this?

Both work to soften the beard. I can't tell much difference. I use either.

I also have a bottle of an old product called "Wilt" that is designed to soften the beard. It is like a thin liquid soap. That stuff works too, but I don't think it is still on the market.

I honestly like the feeling of the pre/post so much that I use it all the time (including in the shower). I feel like some kind of proraso addict. I especially like to throw some on right before I go to bed - it seems to help my sinuses and my face all at the same time. I know they say you're only suppose to use a little, but my skin just seems to soak it up. I'm guessing I probably go through about half a teaspoon per application. Not sure if that's a little or a lot, but I've only had it for 3 weeks and I'm halfway through the jar.

dgauvreau said:
I honestly like the feeling of the pre/post so much that I use it all the time (including in the shower). I feel like some kind of proraso addict. I especially like to throw some on right before I go to bed - it seems to help my sinuses and my face all at the same time. I know they say you're only suppose to use a little, but my skin just seems to soak it up. I'm guessing I probably go through about half a teaspoon per application. Not sure if that's a little or a lot, but I've only had it for 3 weeks and I'm halfway through the jar.

Me too! I do EXACTLY the same thing. Before bed is the best.

I've been putting the Poraso pre-shave on in the shower for a week or so, after reading about the idea from LeisureGuy. I'm too much of a neophyte to tell if it helps, but it sure is a nice way to wake up in the morning!

Top Bottom