What's new

Proraso Pre Shave Cream

I’m new to DE safety shaving and ordered Proraso shave cream and after shave lotion and enjoyed my shave. I just ordered their pre shave cream and wanted to see if anyone here has feedback on Proraso’s pre shave cream.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kinda like them, esp. on hot days the green one, of course, and in the winter the red one to pimp up some Sandalwood scents with a tat of earthyness. With not so slick soaps like Proraso they seem to add a tat of glide IMHO. But, to be honest, overall shavewise they don't do anything for me. It's just nice to use them once in a while.

Proraso is a classic. I use the soap and pre on the red,white and green. I think best value for your money.
And if you look you can pick both up at Burlington or TJ Maxx. I picked up a tub for 4.99 and balm for 5.99.

Good luck with your Vols. Be good for college football for them to be good again.
GO BUCKS!!

Been using the Proraso white, red and green pre-shave and I like it and feel it helps and I will continue using it. Trying some Maggard’s Unscented Pre-shave oil and don’t feel it does as much for my shave as the Proraso does. Many say a pre-shave doesn’t help but I think it’s a personal thing, if you feel it helps, then use it.

Proraso is a classic. I use the soap and pre on the red,white and green. I think best value for your money.
And if you look you can pick both up at Burlington or TJ Maxx. I picked up a tub for 4.99 and balm for 5.99.

Good luck with your Vols. Be good for college football for them to be good again.
GO BUCKS!!

How do you all apply the pre shave cream? With the brush?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It works. But in the preshave lotion category Noxzema works about as well for small fraction of the price. You might also try one of the many, many preshave oils. You may like that approach better. Or, you may decide that the benefits of any preshave treatment are small in relation to cost and bother. I go back and forth on this one.

i used the white prehave for maybe 4 years until recently when my neighbourhood drug emporium stopped carrying it. Last couple shaves have been without any pre-shave products and i'm not missing it. For quite a few months now have been mostly using white or green Proraso soaps. No plans to replace the pre with another easy to get product or search out another source for it.

Something that was once so simple is little by little becoming that way once again.
dave

i picked up some white pre shave from Burlington coat factory but havent used it yet. Ive been a Pre-Shave Oil user for almost 20 years now.

in fact i just picked up some Bay Rum beard oil from Burlington coat factory cheap to try out since its supposed to be the same as a pre shave oil, (in fact better ingredients generally)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I go back and forth between the Proraso Red Pre-shave, Noxzema and the CVS Sesame Oil based Bath Oil.

To me, they all have a positive impact. :)

I absolutely love the Proraso Green pre-shave when it's warm and humid and and always use it in conjunction with either Proraso White or Green shave creams. I don't find that it adds any slickness during the shave itself but it makes my face feeling amazing once I'm done. The scent also sticks around, which is really nice. It's very medicinal and will make your eyes water if you use too much, so be prepared for that.

I do not like the White pre-shave, it smells like lemon pledge to me and doesn't make my face feel as good afterwards like the Green does. I get the Green jars at my local Burlington for $6 and have plenty for years. Hope you like it!

I use the red pre...I used to use the soaps too until I was put onto Vitas soap...a tallow soft soap/croap, it lathers up great and is slicker than any prorasso soap, I got 1kg for around £20, tho smaller weights are available. It was billyfergie who put me onto it and I have not looked back.
Your soap is a major factor in how your shave goes and it is good to try a few...same with blades.

Top Bottom