What's new

Proraso pre/post...shelf life?

I'm thinking about ordering a 500ml tub. I use it before every shave, but very little...I'm just getting to the bottom of a 100ml jar I bought atleast 7-8 months ago. If I buy the 500ml will it keep for a few years?

Thanks in advance:cool:

I have one almost 8 months and have over half left. I dropped it once and lost some. It looks as fresh as the day I opened it. I don't think its going bad anytime soon.

the jar says 12 months once opened- but I think they're obligated to put some kind of expiry date on it.

You need to have a look at the jar logo at the back, I think it's 12 months...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12M

I've read multiple accounts of rehydrating creams, and have seem several discontinued creams on the BST that are obviously well past their 12M date... I've got a tub of TOBS Almond that I believe to be past the 12M date and it's treating my very well after a teeny bit of water and some agitation with a fork. I don't know if this applies to a prepost, but I understand the 12M to be a guide, not a rule. That said, I'll defer to the cream experts :rolleyes::redface::smile:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I've read multiple accounts of rehydrating creams, and have seem several discontinued creams on the BST that are obviously well past their 12M date... I've got a tub of TOBS Almond that I believe to be past the 12M date and it's treating my very well after a teeny bit of water and some agitation with a fork. I don't know if this applies to a prepost, but I understand the 12M to be a guide, not a rule. That said, I'll defer to the cream experts :rolleyes::redface::smile:

That would be right... The 12M is guide only... Like anything else, it doesn't mean that it will turn bad on the expiry date! I also heard about a dried up tube of proraso, add a bit of water and it's back!

I've had a jar of it for almost 3 years. I guess I only use a little bit, and not every time. It has not dried out and is the same as it ever was.

Top Bottom