What's new

Proraso Pre/Post Ingredients?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could provide a list of ingredients for this product. I am prone to a little acne here and there and I am looking for a moisturizer that is non-comedogenic (non acne causing). Will this work? I currently am using cetaphil as a moisturizer but I don't really like it and it adds nothing to the shave experience.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

This is from chefchris' Proraso Pre Shave Cream jar. It doesn't say post shave, so hopefully this is the right stuff. Excuse any misspelled words, as the print is tiny. I did use a magnifying glass.

Aqua, (there is a number printed over this word, so this is my best guess) Stearic Acid, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Camphor, Eucalyptus globulus, Potassium Hydroxide, Menthol, Parfum, Amyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Cetearyl Alchol, Eucalyptol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Methychloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

And there you have it. And I have some major eye strain.

HTH.

JoAnna,

Thank you so much for taking the time to find that out for me. I will be going to target today to pick up some of the shave cream as well as the pre shave.

Thanks again,

Chris

Chris, you also might want to consider the after shave liquid - I can't remember exactly what its called - its a very light, light balm in a flat glass bottle. Some have compared it to Harris A/S milk in texture. I use both the pre/post shave and the after shave liquid. Pre/Post before every shave and after on drier days. Enjoy.

Jordan

Bought the pre post today and man is this stuff cooling. Tried it after I worked out earlier. Will give the shave cream (which I also got) a test run tomorrow.

mrs. chefchris said:
Aqua, (there is a number printed over this word, so this is my best guess) Stearic Acid, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Camphor, Eucalyptus globulus, Potassium Hydroxide, Menthol, Parfum, Amyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Cetearyl Alchol, Eucalyptol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Methychloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Don't know if anyone else has compared the ingredients of Noxzema to the proraso pre/post cream. I was curious since it smells and feels similar from what I remember. They are not that different after all. Seems like the proraso would be better but it might not hurt to try the noxzema as a pre/post cream.
proxy.php

Water, Stearic Acid, Soybean Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Linseed Oil, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Gelatin, Calcium Hydroxide, Camphor, Menthol, Eucalyptus Oil, Carbomer, Triethanolamine

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Jack Bauer said:
Bought the pre post today and man is this stuff cooling. Tried it after I worked out earlier. Will give the shave cream (which I also got) a test run tomorrow.

I haven't compared the ingredients, but I think this is nothing more than an overpriced Noxema. I still remember those old Joe Namath commercials for Noxema. Their jingle was, "Let Noxema cream your face so the razor don't!"

Looked good...Sounded good...but, it doesn't do anything for me. As usual YMMV.

I'll have to go pick up some old noxzema and give it a try. I know the proraso has a few more ingredients than the noxzema but does that make it better?
proxy.php

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Quagmire said:
I'll have to go pick up some old noxzema and give it a try. I know the proraso has a few more ingredients than the noxzema but does that make it better?
proxy.php

Let me know how it works out. I havent used any in years. Last I remember is it was not a very good stand alone shave cream, too thick and didn't rinse well from the blade causing it to clog up.

Has anyone used the two side-by-side for comparison?

Interseting...I stopped by Target yesterday, took the cap of a jar, took a look, took a whiff, and thought to myself, "Noxema!" Not sure about the texture/effectiveness, but it does look like they both contain the same type of ingredients.

For quite some time I've used Noxema afterward to reduce pain and redness whenever my multi-blade monster roughs me up.

If it doesn't have glycerin, it ain't good for the face. Noxema doesn't have glycerin, which is probably why Proraso is much better to use than Noxema. As for price, no, the added glycerin likely adds little to input costs.

proxy.php

Is original Noxema still available? I've gone looking for it, and I can't find it anywhere. They still make a product in a blue plastic jar called "original skin cream" but the "Noxzema Medicated Comfort Shave" in blue glass has been impossible to find.

Interestingly enough, I used to work in the factory where they made the shave cream, along with an aerosol shaving foam and a variety of women's cosmetics. This was in Hunt Valley, MD around 1993. The shaving products carried the Noxzema label, the women's products were (I think) Helena Rubinstein brand, but the factory was owned and operated by Proctor & Gamble.

Top Bottom