What's new

Proraso Perfecto!

Had a great experience today...kind of by default I decided to use Proraso for the first time - the brush i was using on soaps kept shedding hair and is being replaced, he's on a ship somewhere sailing the indian ocean by now.

I pulled out the only other brush I had (a floppy silvertip), the only cream I had (Proraso) and had the best shave ever in my life. 3 passes with lather for more, which is something I never got face lathering with soaps (1-2 at best).

I've always found it difficult to get a good lather from soap, maybe its the water here or my poor ol' frazzled badger or just my technique, but today was so easy and so worth while I finally experienced what I thought shaving could be like. Could have gone on all day...

Just thought I'd share! :001_smile

May I ask what your replacing your "Silvertip" with?

Sure - the EJ best badger was the first brush I owned and the only one I've used until now. Its getting replaced free of charge, thanks to the english shaving company. It shed for the last 6months like a maple in autumn, but I get the impresion the typical examples are good quality.

I cant really say I'm replacing the silvertip. Its a Kent BK4 which I picked up pretty cheap when the aussie dollar was good against the pound, and our Prime Minister (bless his socks) was handing out $1000 tax refunds as part of an "economic stimulis package".

Last edited:
Top Bottom