What's new

Proraso new packaging designs 2019?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Gentlemen, I'd like to give some more detailed info.

This is an absolute 2019 novelty by Proraso and it has just been presented here in Italy.

The upgrade is on both the packaging and the formula.

The packaging has a complete new design, which combines a modern elegance with hints of vintage details. Also, the Proraso logo is well put in evidence on the glass jars of pre-shaves and bottles of aftershaves, while the three colours of the Italian flag appear clearly on both the tubes of creams and tubs of soaps.

The formula has been upgraded on the new products and it's called "superformula". It is, in Proraso's own words, a more concentrated and improved recipe. It should give a better hydration on the pre-shaves, better glide on creams and soaps and more freshness on the aftershaves. Overall, a boosted performance on the entire line.

Last edited:
It should give a better hydration on the pre-shaves, better glide on creams and soaps and more freshness on the aftershaves. Overall, a boosted performance on the entire line.
Thank you for the update @Marco . That sounds good! Proraso was really lacking in skin slickness for my taste. I'm curious about the cushioning as well then; I found it too much, even after adding loads of water. I will give it a try, because I do really like the menthol sensation once in a while.

Guys, I’m a little confused. The containers that all of those are replacing (Pre-Shave Cream, Aftershave Lotion, and Aftershave Balm) are already glass.
I thought it was thier soaps. Missed the pre part. I still like these containers with the logo on the glass instead of a label.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you Marco for the update. No info about availability in USA, and Canada?

I suppose the new products will start to arrive once sellers and retailers have finished their stock of the old ones.

Same thing here in Italy, all the stores that sell Proraso currently only have the old packaging/formula on their shelves.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks @Marco, I for one appreciate your update on the Proraso changes. Looking forward to seeing them out here in Australia soon.

Gentlemen, I'd like to give some more detailed info.

This is an absolute 2019 novelty by Proraso and it has just been presented here in Italy.

The upgrade is on both the packaging and the formula.

The packaging has a complete new design, which combines a modern elegance with hints of vintage details. Also, the Proraso logo is well put in evidence on the glass jars of pre-shaves and bottles of aftershaves, while the three colours of the Italian flag appear clearly on both the tubes of creams and tubs of soaps.

The formula has been upgraded on the new products and it's called "superformula". It is, in Proraso's own words, a more concentrated and improved recipe. It should give a better hydration on the pre-shaves, better glide on creams and soaps and more freshness on the aftershaves. Overall, a boosted performance on the entire line.

Thank you for the valuable update. If Proraso standard line comes close to their Single Blade product, it will be a market hit.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you for the valuable update. If Proraso standard line comes close to their Single Blade product, it will be a market hit.

I have a certain feeling that they want to go exactly in that direction.

As for price point I think it will remain unchanged, or just ever so slightly higher.

@Marco
Did the Soaps get an upgrade too, or just the creams and pre/after shaves? Do you know what would also be cool? The Single Blade line in actual soaps as well as creams.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
@Marco
Did the Soaps get an upgrade too, or just the creams and pre/after shaves? Do you know what would also be cool? The Single Blade line in actual soaps as well as creams.

The upgrade is for ALL regular-line products: pre-shaves, creams, soaps and aftershave balms. The only 2 products that could* remain the same are the splashes.

* I say could because no info is given on the green and red splashes.

I'll buy some red and green as soon as I hear they're in stock. I'd like to do a side by side comparison with my existing stock since Proraso is probably my favorite.

I dig it!!!!!

I see the blue formula has now been released in a pre shave! And that’s cool! Hopefully they release the blue soap in a container instead of the tube.

Top Bottom