What's new

Proraso: lotion, balm or both?

whatever floats your boat! can't go wrong!!

proraso green omega tim zowada monica belucci august 31 2015.jpg

Anybody prefer one over the other or are you supposed to use both?

The after shave is great but the post shave Balm is horrible imo. It smells like floor cleaning anti septic and over powers the fresh masculine scent of the aftershave.

I've only tried both of those in green, no idea what red and white etc are like.

I have both and I find the Proraso Green Splash is good on a hot humid day whereas the balm is better for cooler/dry weather. The splash doesn't last as long as the balm though.

For the ones available both as balm and lotions I like to use both (first the balm, then the lotion). I feel that the balm gives a very relaxing sensation to the skin, then I almost cannot end a shave without a splash!
Moreover having the lotion following the balm is good as splashes have a better smell than the respective balms in my opinion. But I know there are a lot of guys preferring to have the balm or cream following the alcoholic lotion...

I like to use other brand splashes with Blue and White balms as there isn't the related lotion. It's not a difficult task to find something coupling as both them are lightly scented and not long lasting.

Well, it's either or, as no scent comes in all (both) versions.

WFIF, a few years back, the pre-shave cream was branded as pre and post shave.

When I used Proraso RED, my routine was to use the pre-shave before the shave, then use the splash after the shave and a few minutes later, apply a little bit of the pre-shave cream again (if necessary).

Proraso RED line is extremely good one, for the money. That said, I found the white (sensitive) soap to be very dry, lather dries out very fast and becomes unusable for the 2nd and 3rd pass...

The Proraso Vetiver balm is nice and pairs well with DR Harris Windsor soap. Worked well for me.

Bottom-line, if I'd have to chose between splash and balm, I'd opt for the splash. Ideally, you want to use both.

I like both the balm and the splash and often use them together.

The balm is also scent neutral enough that you can use it with just about any other aftershave and it won't interfere with the stronger fragrance.

I prefer splashes over balms. That said, I never tried Proraso's balm and just got a sample in the mail. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Love the splashes- Red and Green - haven't tried their balms. I don't use balms and splashes together- too much product for me.

Top Bottom