What's new

Proraso is the best...so far!

moses said:
As for the Proraso, I am going to break down and get some soon. I've been holding out, believe it or not, because I didn't want to spend the money on yet another shaving product I wasn't sure if I would like.... I know it is cheap, but I keep buying stuff... and after those two Simpsons Supers and the Futur all at once....

Yep, I was thinking the same thing, holding out on it. Then my wife said she wanted some more of the Marvis toothpaste I bought from classicshaving (to let her know I wasn't just buying shaving stuff) and when I went to place the order, a merkur slantbar, proraso pre/post, proraso herb tube, proraso aftershave balm, and a pack of feathers "fell" into my shopping cart. It happens!

Are there any difference betwee tube and soap proraso and where is a good place to buy it online or in a store (I live in Houston)? I checked Target but they didn't have any.

check in the cosmetic area, not the shave area. if you still dont see it, ask an associate. it should be in EVERY target store. If not, head to another one in your area.

I have both the cream in the tube and the soap in the cup. I like both and with proper tecnique, you should be able to get similar lathers with both. you may fine the tube easier to start with, and the cup more convient/smaller for travel. :thumbup:

It's funny... I had been using Taylor's Lavender, and decided to pick up some Proraso and relegate Taylor's to being my "treat" for the occasional shave. I really use Proraso about 95% of the time now and tend to talk myself out of the Taylor's... so I must prefer the Proraso, even though I tell myself that I should prefer the more expensive Taylor's. Maybe I'll switch away from Proraso when the weather turns colder, but it will be tough because it's an outstanding product, inexpensive, and can be found at Target.

I initially applied Proraso directly to my face and rubbed it in, and it worked fine that way. Now, I use about 1/2 inch in a mug with my brush and get mounds of lather. I don't think you can lose with Proraso, no matter how you use it.

Proraso was my first "better" soap (after Williams and Palmolive) so it has a special place in my heart. I find the soap great for travel as it seems as good as creams and easier to pack. I was in a Target in Dallas and asked the pharmacy folks about it and they looked at me like I had a snake on my head. I wandered into the spa section and found it. When I carried it over to the pharmacy, the guys were amazed that anything for men was in that section!

Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right is doing. Additionally, I really, really love the non-alcohol ASB from Proraso.

Top Bottom