What's new

Proraso is the best...so far!

Drew said:
Proraso "red" is awesome. It doesn't have the same cooling effect as the green, but there is some menthol in it, so you get a little bit of a kick. I really like the scent (smells nothing like wheat germ... the oil that is used in the cream. It has a nice clean, soapy scent), and it is super slick. Lathers up great, as one would expect from a Proraso product. It's a really good cream.

Drew
I agree, it's a terrific cream. I can't smell anything that would indicate the presence of wheat germ: I know it's there, but it does not intrude into the soft menthol scent.
Great, slick, protective cream!

I just tried the green version in the tube ( a Bigelow sample version) The cooling affect was nice! Does anyone use the green tube in the cold winter months? What is it like on a really cold winter morning? Does it make one feel cold or is it just refreshing?

Not sure if it is the slickness of Proraso that impresses me, but I always get a great shave with the stuff. I use the hard soap and load the brush up in the green bowl and build the lather on my face. I have heard the red cream is very nice, but still love the Noxema effect of the green.

Glen

I love the Red
Proraso has recently released a GREEN TEA based shave foam, without the cooling ingredients; I hope they'll do a Green Tea shave cream

I just started using proraso and I must say I really like it. The only other cream I have tried is Palmolive so I have very little to compare too.

D

Deleted member 477

I put a dab of proraso on a cake of glycerin shaving soap. That combo works well for me creates thick cream, and I dont have to worry about water cream ratio. I use this method with all my creams.

I picked up a tube of Green tube Proraso while I was in California 2 weeks ago (Target was acrros the street from the hotel). My how I love this stuff, little strong at first, but it just screams "HELLO" in the morning. It lathers up great on my face or in a bowl.

Sean

Proraso in the green tub! (I like the shave soaps, but after reading all the comments here, I must also try the creme in the green tube.)

And Steve, great list of the Italian beauties. Monica Bellucci....bellisima!

Tito said:
Does anybody have an knowledge of whether or not the Italian's use Proraso. Is it like Edge Gel over there? Or is it some obscure novelty product?

Kind of like Foster's beer in Australia. :wink:

PalmettoB said:

I just saw Botherhood of the Wolf for the first time in a couple of years. WOW. Even my GF couldn't stop saying how gorgeous she was.

As for the Proraso, I am going to break down and get some soon. I've been holding out, believe it or not, because I didn't want to spend the money on yet another shaving product I wasn't sure if I would like.... I know it is cheap, but I keep buying stuff... and after those two Simpsons Supers and the Futur all at once....

Steve said:
Does anyone use the green tube in the cold winter months? What is it like on a really cold winter morning? Does it make one feel cold or is it just refreshing?

For me, Proraso is unpleasant on a cold morning. During the summer months it's great, especially after doing work in the yard, etc.

Hi guys i'm totally new to using proper shaves creams etc. I purchased this product which i really like but find it hard to get it to lather up..maybe its not ment to i don't know. So at the moment i use the Proraso "Pre-Post" Shave Cream to shave and when i'm finished i then use a little.Taylor of Old Bond Street Aftershave Lotion
any other suggestion would be good.
Sinjin

PalmettoB said:
Proraso in the green tub! (I like the shave soaps, but after reading all the comments here, I must also try the creme in the green tube.)

Tub and Tube are very similar...I almost think the soap is just a dried version of the cream.

Just a quick note/gripe. Here, in the UK, the cheapest I can get Proraso (the 150ml tube) is £5 plus shipping. That's almost $10US a tube, at the current exchange rate.

Last week, I was on a brief visit to Italy: in local pharmacies the stuff is €2 - £1.40 a tube!!! Needless to say I stocked up. As much as I love the English creams, this is certainly the value option that offers an excellent performance!

jimmy_g32 said:
Just a quick note/gripe. Here, in the UK, the cheapest I can get Proraso (the 150ml tube) is £5 plus shipping. That's almost $10US a tube, at the current exchange rate.

Last week, I was on a brief visit to Italy: in local pharmacies the stuff is €2 - £1.40 a tube!!! Needless to say I stocked up. As much as I love the English creams, this is certainly the value option that offers an excellent performance!

Don't feel too bad b/c it runs about the same here in S. Florida. ($10) But it's worth every penny.

I love Proraso green! I have only tried two others, C&E Almond Oil and Nancy Boy. I find myself using Proraso the most. It's going for $6.99 @ Target here in Louisville.

Top Bottom