What's new

Proraso Irritating

For the gentlemen that have irritation with various versions of Proraso. If you apply Proraso on your face and your face burns even without shaving, then you have allergy towards Proraso, no doubt!

As soon as I applied the white my face it started to tingle & burn. With the green it only tingled. The white was worse. But I applied these creams directly to my face & them made the lather. I plan to revisit these creams in the near future & will try it making the lather on a bowl first. Although I currently testing some blades & have settle on using the same razor & cream till I'm finished.

+1 try Cella Extra Extra Bio.

I had the opposite reaction, though. Proraso doesn’t irritate my skin. Cella Bio did. HOWEVER, for the couple of times I used it, I found the scent, latherability and performance to be quite good.

I keep the green “just because” (first DE cream, etc, etc) and really like the scent of the Red. Performance is ok. Not so sure if it is really that cheap on a cost per shave basis (just gut/tube feeling, not a realiable, proper evaluation).

The other cream I bought with the Proraso white, Palmolive Sensitive, is working well. But Cella Bio is on my list of creams I plan to try.

As soon as I applied the white my face it started to tingle & burn. With the green it only tingled. The white was worse. But I applied these creams directly to my face & them made the lather. I plan to revisit these creams in the near future & will try it making the lather on a bowl first. Although I currently testing some blades & have settle on using the same razor & cream till I'm finished.

Then sir, i am afraid there is an ingredient to which you are allergic and there is nothing you can do about it, unless they change formulation.

I have recently revisited both Proraso creams that irritated my face, The Proraso Green & White. Both times in the past I applied the cream directly to my face & made the lather. This time I decided to make the lather in a bowl & then apply it to my face. The results were interesting but not too surprising. The Proraso White still irritated my face somewhat. But it was nowhere as bad as the first time I used it. This cream started to burn my face the instant I applied it. However the Green which only gave me a slight tingle in the past worked with no issues at all. At least now I know I can use the Green & need to be careful of the White. Might even try a Red down the road.

I had only ever used proraso white shaving cream because i have,or atleast thought i had very sensitive skin. Anyway,i thought I'd give the green a try...it was an awesome shave,10 mins later i had a head full of red itchy af bumps.so i thought the greens not for me.last week i adjusted my shave routine.i cut out using alum and had a luke warm rinse at the end instead of cold.no more bumps!!so last night i thought I'd try the green again.and presto!!!no bumps.it turns out it was the alum and cold rinse that would break me out and not the shaving cream.I'm alot happier knowing i can use proraso green now lol i love the cooling sensation 😎

Just want to update this thread with new Proraso White experience. The White was irritating my face but the Green works well. Since I got a full refund from Amazon & was told not to ship it back I've been mixing the White with Cremo. The other day I decided to try the White by it self & had no irritation. Guess my skin got use to this cream. Anyway I've used it 3 more time since then with no issues.

I am glad that I have never found a cream or soap that irritates me in the slightest.

I used to get irritation from the razor when I first started using de blades years ago. Maybe some folks are confusing razorburn with allergies? Also, as someone mentioned, alum is quite drying. This is an unnecessary step if you have dry skin already……

Best of luck all.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Just want to update this thread with new Proraso White experience. The White was irritating my face but the Green works well. Since I got a full refund from Amazon & was told not to ship it back I've been mixing the White with Cremo. The other day I decided to try the White by it self & had no irritation. Guess my skin got use to this cream. Anyway I've used it 3 more time since then with no issues.
Great. I’ve told Amazon and they will now reinstate all charges on your account. 😂😁😉🤣

Great. I’ve told Amazon and they will now reinstate all charges on your account. 😂😁😉🤣
On a side note I've been meaning to buy more blades. Due to Amazon's return policy I might pick up some Gillette Platinum's as opposed to Nacets, GSB's or SharpEdge Yellows. If I don't love the Platinum's & choose to return them. They might just tell me again to keep them. 😊

The other cream I bought with the Proraso white, Palmolive Sensitive, is working well. But Cella Bio is on my list of creams I plan to try.
I bought Proraso Red shaving cream and used it twice. I got a rash either from the sandalwood perfume or the preservatives. It’s too bad because it lathered beautifully. First time ever using Proraso. I’m a little afraid to go back to that brand.

I bought Proraso Red shaving cream and used it twice. I got a rash either from the sandalwood perfume or the preservatives. It’s too bad because it lathered beautifully. First time ever using Proraso. I’m a little afraid to go back to that brand.

Welcome to B&B, Sir UncleBob59!

IMHO, your problem might be sensitivity to the sandalwood.
I'd suggest trying Proraso Blue with aloe; I'd be happy to mail you a sample, CONUS, with my compliments, PM if you'd like.
(Shown below is my tube with older packaging.)

proraso blue.jpg

Attachments

• proraso blue kent filarmonica myrsol november 10 2021.jpg
    proraso blue kent filarmonica myrsol november 10 2021.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
I never had Proraso problems, but I always found the Green to be the most natural scent and unchanging over the years (well decades).

The White had a very nice soft fragrance many years ago. Then maybe 5 or 10 years ago they relaunched everything along with this new Red and Blue. The White Red Blue all smell weird, I don’t understand why they call White for sensitive skin.

Welcome to B&B, Sir UncleBob59!

IMHO, your problem might be sensitivity to the sandalwood.
I'd suggest trying Proraso Blue with aloe; I'd be happy to mail you a sample, CONUS, with my compliments, PM if you'd like.
(Shown below is my tube with older packaging.)

View attachment 1466505
I appreciate the offer. Very kind of you. I live in Canada so that won't work for you but thanks anyway.

Top Bottom