What's new

Proraso in Italy... “Never heard of it”.

Well, I had to re-read this thread two times. The first time I thought it was a joke… Seriously...

Now, there is nothing more Italian than Proraso and in 25 years of wet shaving I've NEVER met another Italian who hasn't at least heard of Proraso!

Proraso can be found everywhere: supermarkets, small shops, groceries, shopping centers, barbershops, barbershop retailers, perfumeries, etc, etc! And prices are very cheap: a metal tube of Proraso here in Rome can easily be found at less than €2, a glass bottle of AS for €5 or even €4.

Anything else I can answer, Sir?

I appreciate all the responses. Never having been to Italy, I can only provide what information I’ve been advised of. While I don’t doubt Proraso is readily available, it seems it’s not something my friends had any luck finding.

B.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I appreciate all the responses. Never having been to Italy, I can only provide what information I’ve been advised of. While I don’t doubt Proraso is readily available, it seems it’s not something my friends had any luck finding.

B.
i think they may have been pulling your leg

Last time I was in Italy I found Proraso stuff everywhere. Walked into a small shop that sold boat equipment on Capri outside Naples. They had swimming wests and scuba gear and boat stuff but they also of course sold tubes of Proraso Red which were a new line then.

@dieselfuel79 my brother spent 3 months in Italy, his experiences were
similar to that of your friends. Virtually no one in his office had even heard of the stuff.
He finally struck gold when he went to an upmarket shop in Rome, but prices there were comparable to online. He brought me back a ton of stuff, but it wasn’t cheap.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
When i was in Florence i ate lunch at the most fabulous restaurant. The doors were open when we arrived but they weren't actually open yet. However the host owner would not let us leave. I left in a food coma and so oblivious that i spent the next five days trying to find that place again
maybe this is what its like to not find proraso in italy

When i was in Florence i ate lunch at the most fabulous restaurant. The doors were open when we arrived but they weren't actually open yet. However the host owner would not let us leave. I left in a food coma and so oblivious that i spent the next five days trying to find that place again
maybe this is what its like to not find proraso in italy
Damit Bones, you're a doctor not a gourmand!

I also never had any problems to get loads of Proraso products in Italy. In every larger supermarket was enough stock to buy up (e.g. a tub of Proraso green for 2,49 EUR). They often have some Omega brushes in stock too.

Never heard of it? Maybe. If you ask a random German on the street about Speick shaving cream or Tabac shaving soap you will get the same answer.

Your friends probably just didn’t want to spend much time looking for the products and were too polite to say no..... That’s my guess.

Better plan a great trip to Italy to look for yourself!

Regards

I travel almost every three months to Italy.
All over Italy.
Proraso can be found EVERYWHERE.
Prices are 1/4 of what they sell for in the US.

I was in Italy last year and found Proraso in almost every supermarket and small shops and the 2 barbers that I went to, use Proraso as well.

This feels like I stepped into the Twilight Zone.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known as Proraso. It is a dimension as vast as tubs and as timeless as tubes. It is the middle ground between splashes and balms, between creams and hard pucks, and it lies between the pit of man’s weepers, and the summit of his BBSs. This is the dimension of Proraso. It is an area which we call . . . Italy.

ehh. :out:

Top Bottom