What's new

Proraso Green

I tried Proraso Green this morning and I must say, it was a very awesome experience. The aroma of the cream is excellent, both on the face and afterwards, along with the tingly feeling of the cold on your face. With the hotpot action, it makes that cream so hot and I was impressed that it never dried out once. When I hit my face with the cold water, my face was like a block of ice and very sensitive to the touch.

The only interesting point I think I'd add is that after using it this morning, I walked outside and it was about 35-40 degrees here and my face got freezing cold which then translated into me getting chilly. I'm not sure this is a cold weather (well, cold for us Floridians) shave cream or not, since it's designed to cool your face down.

Needless to say, Proraso is in my rotation. But, I do think it's more of a summer time blend.

Thanks for the review, Justin. I am not much of a eucalyptus guy. Perhaps my trip to work this morning in 9 degree weather has something to do with it.... :scared:

Scotto said:
Thanks for the review, Justin. I am not much of a eucalyptus guy. Perhaps my trip to work this morning in 9 degree weather has something to do with it.... :scared:

I'm with you Scotto. I used Proraso green once and gave it to my brother-in-law. That'll teach him!:wink:

Jerry

Thanks Justin. Proraso makes some fine products.

I'm gonna buck the trend and say even though I don't care for eucalyptus in most anything else, I do enjoy it in my shaving products.

-Nick

Nick, since Proraso appeared here in Montreal 6 years ago, I've been using it. I use the green tube (eucalyptus) and I love it. I'm happy to have it as part of my big rotation.

Jeff

Nick said:
Thanks Justin. Proraso makes some fine products.

I'm gonna buck the trend and say even though I don't care for eucalyptus in most anything else, I do enjoy it in my shaving products.

-Nick
I have to agree. I find the eucalyptus scent refreshing.

I tried the Proraso green today. Hmmm, ok, a little cooling. Maybe it's being brought up with a good supply of 100% eucalyptus oil for every cold and being surrounded by gum trees most of my life, I don't know, but to paraphrase Crocadile Dundee.
"You call that eucalyptus? THIS is eucalyptus"

Pilfer said:
I tried the Proraso green today. Hmmm, ok, a little cooling. Maybe it's being brought up with a good supply of 100% eucalyptus oil for every cold and being surrounded by gum trees most of my life, I don't know, but to paraphrase Crocadile Dundee.
"You call that eucalyptus? THIS is eucalyptus"

Very interesting point of view. Did you also try the pre shave cream?

Hi Kyle, no I didn't try the pre shave, just the cream. I do like the cream and will continue to use it, along with other creams. It's just the way it was described I was expecting something with more omph. Not as strong as vicks, do you have that in the US?, but more than a hint of eucalyptus.

I am very familiar with Vicks Vap-o-rub (we have used it on our daughter quite recently), and it definitely has a strong scent and tingle.

With Proraso, I don't notice the scent as much as I notice the tingle, which is really amplified when you add in some of the pre shave cream, though probably still not a match for the Vicks. If the tingle is your thing, you should look into getting some of the pre shave cream too.

I'll go some pre/post this week and give it a try :) I did see it in "The Shaver Shop" the other day but they are charging almost $15 for it or the cream. I will have to find somewhere else to buy it. Every else though seems to think shaving cream only comes in a spray can. It's a such a poor excuse for a shop too. There were a few high end department stores that a few years did have some high quality shaving gear but they have since got rid of it all as, according to them, everyone gets stuff at "The Shaver Shop" now. Unfortunately unless it's electric or has 2 or more blades they don't really want to know about it. There wet shave section consists of chinese shavers, some low end brushes an some bottom of the range straights.

Top Bottom