What's new

Proraso Green

I love Proraso Green soap and it’s menthol eucalyptus sscent. It lathers well and is quite slick enough to provide a great shave! I realize that it’s not considered a top tier soap but in all respects it’s decent and very reasonably priced. Who can ask for more? Who else here is a fan of this soap and uses it frequently? Thanks in advance!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I like it very much. I use it at least once a week. I like the others as well. The Red is my favourite of all, but if the only soap that I could get for the rest of my shaving journey was the Green it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

I like all the Proraso soaps. The only issue I have is they tend to be drying. Luckily their AS balm is one of the best I have tried.

Proraso Green used to be a regular of mine for the weekly rotation until I finally got tired of the residue it left behind on anything it touched and was just a hassle to clean up all the time. At that point it had to go and was replaced by Stirling Soaps!! I will say that the Green Aftershave is still in the cabinet and is used in the rotation regularly...

I use it once a week for my Friday morning shave (I call it my Friday “classic Italian” shave). I also use the Proraso green splash and Proraso green balm to get the full Proraso effect. The rest of the week I use my artisan soaps and balms.

I use the Green during the warmer months and the Red during the cooler months. Proraso makes good stuff.

I use it at least once a week. I'd love to try Stirling's Eucalyptus Mint just to see how it compares.
A sample 1oz puck from Stirling is only $3.25 and easily delivers 25-30 shaves... I've actually gotten more shaves out of a sample puck on occasion though.

Regular user and big Proraso Green fan here. Regular as in it is part of my weekly rotation, usually monday morning.

I had always been into gels and foams, but when I started using soaps and creams, Proraso Green was the first one i bought. It was my only soap for a while before I bought a few others to try them out.

Needless to say, if i’m stuck on an island and can take only one soap along, it will be Proraso Green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might have to add it to my collection. Somehow I missed getting it...maybe because for some reason it costs more where I bought the others<<

What a coincidence, I just had a full Proraso green shave last night! Preshave, shaving cream, and balm - what a great shave! Proraso was my favorite soap/cream for a long time, and I've got a bunch of it. It is always nice to come back to the familiarity of a Proraso shave.

I use it at least once a week. I'd love to try Stirling's Eucalyptus Mint just to see how it compares.
I have both Proraso Green and Stirling Eucalyptus Mint. Stirling’s is more aromatic and produces a superior lather. While not listed as mentholated, the natural mint provides close to the same level of cooling as Proraso. They are both about the same price except when you can find Proraso on sale at discount stores. I highly recommend getting a $3.25 sample puck of the Stirling to compare. I enjoy alternating between the two.

Proraso Green will always be in my den. It's not the top selling shaving soap in use by Italian Barbers for nothing.

While I agree that the post feel is not on par with higher priced soaps, that's what a good shave balm is for.

Great soap and top tier in my book. I only have it in the cream form right now and use it on the weekends. Face feel is ok for me, don’t notice any drying.

4FB313D7-2A7E-42C2-B28A-2598A95FD26D.jpeg

Well, after using Proraso Green cream in my rotation for 10 months it is officially finished! Last night’s shave was a reminder of just how stellar this cream can be - the lather was perfect, and I had one of my best shaves to date!

Top Bottom