What's new

Proraso green

Yesterday's shave,,,, fyi i am of italian heritage it annoys me to give up on proraso green,,, loaded it like I hate it, got a nice yogurt constiency, ( I use distilled water for all my soaps ) ,,, my cell phone rang talked for 10 min, when I when back to the den, the soap had dissipated, and flaking off, ,,so disappointed ,,, so I'm giving up on proraso green soap too, I will keep the pre shave, balm , and as, my experience is that for me this soap is sub par , after my 3+ yrs of de shaving

I absolutely enjoy the green and red line pre shaves and aftershaves, I have decided now to use stirling naked and smooth as my soap when using proraso.
Too bad I gave it a long run but finally got fed up

Sir Genuine! Do Not Make This Mistake!
I do not know any soap that will hold it's great lather and soaking properties after sitting for 10 minutes!
If you feel otherwise, Please Send me your Proraso Green! I'll kick in the postage!

$proraso green trumper red imp pino silvestri may 9 2016.jpg

Sir Genuine! Do Not Make This Mistake!
I do not know any soap that will hold it's great lather and soaking properties after sitting for 10 minutes!

I don't know of any soaps, but Proraso red cream in a tube still makes a decent first pass after 10 minutes! I recently had a shave interrupted, and didn't think anything of it until I noticed that the second pass seemed a little dry. I added a few drops of water, and continued my shave. Proraso is wonderful. It is thirsty. Make sure you give it enough water.

I don't know of any soap that will just sit there for 10 minutes without attention and then perform. Just load it and then shave. Skip the cell phone.

I made the mistake of buying Red, White & Green Proraso Soap before trying Proraso Creams.
Don't get me wrong, I still love the Soaps, but they just pale by comparison to Proraso Red, White, Blue & Green Creams.
I found a compromise - half the usual amount of Proraso Red, White or Green Cream squeezed into a mug, then worked into a superlather with a generous amount of Proraso Red, White or Green Soap.
Pros :-
The Proraso Soaps are still useful instead of just being a 5th wheel + I use a much smaller amount of the Proraso Creams = Win : Win

Last edited:
Do you test all of your soaps by leaving the lather on for ten minutes?

Seems a bit of a ridiculous criteria, just MHO.

So Stirling is now you go to. The way I look at it, anything is better than the canned goo. Too each their own.

I'm about to finish my first 150ml tub of Proraso green and it's done pretty well for me but I probably won't replace it anytime soon. Many soaps and creams to try and my sample of TOBS Aloe Vera I must say was quite a bit better performance and my skin felt great.
First puck of Tabac came today so I'll have something else to compare the Proraso to. Also have the AS pass box right now and of all the one's I've tried of 20 aftershaves the Proraso green is my favorite so far.

Top Bottom