What's new

Proraso Green- who knew?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I quite do not understand how Proraso Green can be listened as an aftershave cologne. It's only an aftershave and it's only labelled as such. Staying power is what you would expect from a post shave treatment.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I quite do not understand how Proraso Green can be listened as an aftershave cologne. It's only an aftershave and it's only labelled as such. Staying power is what you would expect from a post shave treatment.
You are correct as always my friend. It does what it is supposed to do, then gets out of the way: heals the freshly shaved face, and lets the cologne shine through.

The green Proraso is in my top 3. Really excellent.

Wait! What?! Dave is going to Italy? The Ambassador of Italy and the Ambassador of Arkoland will meet? :lol:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The green Proraso is in my top 3. Really excellent.

Wait! What?! Dave is going to Italy? The Ambassador of Italy and the Ambassador of Arkoland will meet? :lol:
What exactly is your top 3, Sir?

My "four horses" are:

1. Floid The Genuine
2. Proraso Green
3. RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore
4. RazoRock Plague Doctor

Unfortunately, Proraso Green aftershave is a non-starter for me. It contains alcohol, menthol and mint, all of which cause serious irritation of my sensitive skin.

One interesting thing shown on the Fragrantica page is that the interest in Proraso Green by Fragrantica members has diminished over the past five years. I suspect COVID may have had some impact on that. I know that I do not shave as often now as I did pre-COVID, so my use of shaving products has declined.

If you are looking for a followup to a Proraso Green shave, try this

Royal Mayfair.jpg

I quite do not understand how Proraso Green can be listened as an aftershave cologne.

Do you by any chance know why Proraso doesn't offer an EdC of the Proraso Verde Scent? Has this ever been discussed on italian shaving forums?
People seem to love it yet the only colognes Proraso does offer are from the Single Blade line, which isn't as good in my opinion, certainly not as iconic as the Proraso Verde Splash.

Green is my favourite.
Smells clean and refreshin, and after 5-10 min it's gone
So I can apply any EDP I like
Paired with green soap or cream, perfection
When I don't know what soap/AS to use, I use Proraso Green, amaizing stuff

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Do you by any chance know why Proraso doesn't offer an EdC of the Proraso Verde Scent? Has this ever been discussed on italian shaving forums?
People seem to love it yet the only colognes Proraso does offer are from the Single Blade line, which isn't as good in my opinion, certainly not as iconic as the Proraso Verde Splash.
Sir, I have no idea. My guess is that in the traditional line they are just continuing to produce what they've always done: pre-shave, cream, soap and aftershave. If you desire you can try to contact the company directly from their web site for an official answer.

Top Bottom