What's new

Proraso green vs SMN

Gents, aside from scents (as I am sure that's part of SMN's price), are Proraso green and SMN similar in performance and after shave feel, or is there a noticeable difference?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sir, SMN is a more refined product of top-grade quality and there is difference.

Now, if this difference in performance is such to justify the huge difference in price-point, this is something that only you can decide.

My suggestion would be to try a sample first.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
i swear they changed the scent of SMN. I loved the tub i bought in 2009. Back in 2015 I had a friend who went to the flagship store, and picked me up aonther tub. The scent is definitely different and not the familiar scent. As far as performance, I wouldnt say there is a big difference. I will say that there no longer is a menthol punch on the SMN.

Current (v3) SMN is a lot better than the old Proraso, but only a bit better than the new (Super Formula) Proraso, in terms of (lather/post-shave) performance, ime.

i swear they changed the scent of SMN. I loved the tub i bought in 2009. Back in 2015 I had a friend who went to the flagship store, and picked me up aonther tub. The scent is definitely different and not the familiar scent. As far as performance, I wouldnt say there is a big difference. I will say that there no longer is a menthol punch on the SMN.

SMN v2 debuted about 10 years ago, and v3 several years ago.
SMN v1 wasn’t scented with Tabacco Toscano, whereas v2 and v3 are scented with it.

I have either version 2 or 3 and honestly I love it!
Pairs great with either TT or Acqua di Cuba cologne.

santa maria novella plisson feather feburary 16 2019.jpg

I bought SMN in 2010 and absolutely love it, the smell is fantastic imo. However, I have never tried the Proraso green but have heard good things so was curious how they compared.

Top Bottom