What's new

Proraso Green (tube) purchased locally?

Does anyone know if, or where (besides the Bath & Body Works version), Proraso Green in the tube can be purchased without going on line? Do any national chains carry it? Thanks for any help you can give.

Check the resource map and see if anything near there is around your town. There are at least 15 B&BW shops within 25 miles of San Diego though. Any reason why you don't want the C. O. Bigelow type?

And as for Shoppers, I don't think so. There's a Shoppers grocery store a few minutes away from me in Annapolis, but I'm pretty sure it's a different store.

Adam,
Not that I know of. I thought I remember seeing those when I was in Canada. If that's correct, when I visit my friend in Toledo, Ohio I suppose we could take a run up to Windsor and look there. Thanks.

Adam,
Not that I know of. I thought I remember seeing those when I was in Canada. If that's correct, when I visit my friend in Toledo, Ohio I suppose we could take a run up to Windsor and look there. Thanks.

Yeah that's a good bet, they carry everything except the aftershave.

What's wrong with the Bigelow?
To be honest I have tried neither Poraso nor B&BW's Bigelow. I wanted to find a place that I could easily walk to, take public transportation to, or drive to when I wanted to get something that so many people like and that seems to be more readily available than a lot of other shaving gear. I just wanted to try the original. If I had to go on line then my next choice was going to be Omega shaving cream in the tube. :tongue:

Given the state sales taxes and the price of gas, why wouldn't you buy it on line?
Most of the time shipping costs for a simple tube of shave cream seem to be half the cost of the product. For some reason that just bugged me. It's not a deal breaker but I thought it was worth a try asking. It's ironic that after I posted this question I found the Omega cream, which is also highly thought of by members, including shipping on line for less than most on-line sellers were asking for either Poraso or Omega without shipping. I couldn't pass that up so I ordered it. Now, it's back to waiting for the letter carrier. :bored:

Quite often Italian supermarkets/grocery stores carry it in their personal grooming area. Worth a shot.

I found mine at the Italian Store here in Northern Virginia. I can go there and buy an incredible Roma sandwich and Proraso....awesome!!

What about Mona Lisa Italian Deli - (619) 239-5367. Or just wait until you need several products and order them all from the same vendor, someone like West Coast Shaving.

Last edited:
Freddy,

Swing by the Little Italy section of down town (India St and W. Beech area). Maybe one of those shops will carry it. If you can't find it swing into Pete's Butcher Shop and pick up a sausage sandwich and it will make your trip worth it. If that doesn't work there are plenty of Bath and Body Works to get the original Proraso in an unoriginal but neat tube.

I am using the bigelow version. Is there any difference between the "real" stuff and the bigelow stuff. It says on the tube that it was created by proraso for bigelow chemists. Its the only thing other than williams soap and art of shaving cream that I have tried and I would hate to know i was cheating myself.

There is no difference. I have both tubes and I feel confident in saying there is no difference at all. Okay the tubes are different, but that's about it.

I just wanted to try the original

I wanted to try "the original" also, but I purchased the Bigelow and have no regrets. Supposedly it's exactly they same as the Proraso stuff, minus one or two ingredients for scent (though everyone swears it's the exact same scent), and the tube is very elegant-looking.

Freddy,

Swing by the Little Italy section of down town (India St and W. Beech area). Maybe one of those shops will carry it. If you can't find it swing into Pete's Butcher Shop and pick up a sausage sandwich and it will make your trip worth it.

Hey Anthony, I love the way you think! :biggrin: Actually, I never thought of Little Italy and I don't live far from downtown San Diego where LI is located. I'll have to check it out when I get back from my vacation.

I did get and use the Omega cream and thought it was fantastic. It definitely has a place in my rotation. So many people think they are similar that I believe I'll wait until the tube of Omega starts running out before I try Proraso. Of course, that won't stop me from seeking out the shops in Little Italy. :wink:

Does anyone know if, or where (besides the Bath & Body Works version), Proraso Green in the tube can be purchased without going on line? Do any national chains carry it? Thanks for any help you can give.

I have heard that Proraso is available in Target. I have not seen it for myself but I remember some posts here that said that.

Top Bottom