What's new

Proraso green in the can

Well, actually CO Bigelow. My wife got me this stuff a couple years ago and it's been sitting under the sink ever since. it's been hot here lately though and I was thinking something with menthol would be good. Saw that can under there and figured what the heck. If it's no good I'll toss it and getting rid of something I don't need will spark some joy, right? I loaded up a 40's Super Speed with a Gillette Rubie and gave it a try. The shave was surprisingly good. So I used it for a couple more days and on the third shave with the Rubie it gave me just a little alum tingle, about the way my third shaves on those blades usually seem to go. I've never had results that good with any canned foam so I may just keep using it for a little while to see if the results continue. Maybe the Super Speed was made for canned foam. It's not one of my favorite razors usually to be honest but with this cream it's working better than normal.

I've tried out the yellow Proraso can and had a few pretty good shaves with it, but in my experience it was not better than Barbasol (definitely not worth price to get it shipped to the US). My biggest issue was that the small travel can of it "went bad" in my travel bag; I went to use it one day, and it smelled rancid. Might have been due to the cocoa butter in it.

Top Bottom