What's new

Proraso Green aftershave: What's their secret?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I'll definitely replace my 100ml bottle with the 400ml bottle once it's empty. I do need to try proraso red aftershave too..
Oh yes you do! I’m almost embarrassed to say that my bottles are not empty. But it’s like my car. At 1/2 or 1/4 panic sets in thinking I need a fill up. I was pretty astonished by the reasonable price at G&c for the 400ml their site says free shipping so it almost felt too good to be true and there was a nominal shipping charge that popped up at the end at check out but I was hooked by then. 😁
prior to making that purchase I got red preshave from Amazon at $13. Double the price at g&c. But free shipping. I should cancel that order but I guess it’s good to have a backup.

I just got the green in the 100ml and I think it should last a long time. I am a big fan of all hinges proraso. Does the red have the same scent as the red shavecream?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I just got the green in the 100ml and I think it should last a long time. I am a big fan of all hinges proraso. Does the red have the same scent as the red shavecream?
I think so. Same/similar. The splash might be a little stronger.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have the white balm. Crema liquida. I haven’t used this in many moons after finding that I like the splash. Anyway. I had the brilliant idea of using the balm as a hand moisturizer. I’ve used it a few times on hands. It seems to absorb quickly. It’s initially sticky for just a few seconds before it works in I’m just not sure it provides good hydration to hands. I’m sure it’s not contraindicated in any way but wondering if anyone has used it for hands and if so impressions or thoughts appreciated.

I really enjoy both the red and green. I find the red lasts quite a bit longer in the day for me. Wood and Spice from their single blade line lasts even longer.

I think green could possibly be my "desert island" aftershave. At least it's one I go to (with Lucky Tiger) most often if I'm just too befuddled to make a conscious choice about what to use, particularly when there's not a "pre-paired" splash or balm for a soap.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I really enjoy both the red and green. I find the red lasts quite a bit longer in the day for me. Wood and Spice from their single blade line lasts even longer.

I think green could possibly be my "desert island" aftershave. At least it's one I go to (with Lucky Tiger) most often if I'm just too befuddled to make a conscious choice about what to use, particularly when there's not a "pre-paired" splash or balm for a soap.
As far as I can tell the wood and spice is a balm aftershave? Is that right. I’m going to try the wood / spice cream.

Prorasso green and vintage old spice are the only 2 aftershaves i own.I only got the old spice recently because it reminds me of my father.The prorasso aftershave i love the stuff drench myself in it.In fact i need to stock up i'm running a bit low.😁

Attachments

• 20210228_030539[1].jpg
    20210228_030539[1].jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 42

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Prorasso green and vintage old spice are the only 2 aftershaves i own.I only got the old spice recently because it reminds me of my father.The prorasso aftershave i love the stuff drench myself in it.In fact i need to stock up i'm running a bit low.😁
I’m looking forward to getting the big bottles. I like the design of the older style small bottle better also.

I’m looking forward to getting the big bottles. I like the design of the older style small bottle better also.
I fill my small bottles up with the big one.The big bottles have a glass nozel that can't be removed like the plastic piece in the small bottles but put them together and jiggle them about it soon fills up.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I fill my small bottles up with the big one.The big bottles have a glass nozel that can't be removed like the plastic piece in the small bottles but put them together and jiggle them about it soon fills up.
I’m just having it sink in. 400 ml. Lol most aftershave bottles I have are 100. These are big suckers. Also I didn’t account for the fact that I add menthol to my proraso (small bottle) so maybe your idea of filling up the small bottle is the way to go.

I have the big 400ml bottle of the red to match the red cream.

Kind of want to get the 400ml bottle of the green to match the green soap.

My only problem is I'm out of room in the Den to store another 400ml bottle.

I'm thinking I may just get the smaller bottle as soon as I run out of my Pinaud VIBR or Aqua Velva ice blue instead.

I'm really becoming a fan of Proraso products. They just seem to work well for me and fit my budget.

Big bottle is the only way to go! Filling the smaller bottle is easy, and you know you never want to be without this Italian magic in your den! 400ml is a bargain.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Big bottle is the only way to go! Filling the smaller bottle is easy, and you know you never want to be without this Italian magic in your den! 400ml is a bargain.
I’m searching for the best price. Any suggestions

I’m searching for the best price. Any suggestions
Boy, I bought mine so long ago. I believe I bought it on eBay.... It was sure a deal vs, buying several small bottles. Might have been a Maggard’s sale. One of those 2 places. I also bought the big jar of pre/post shave with it. Every once in a while I like to have a super luxurious shave with the whole line up.

I bought mine from Dambiro.de I think. But rasoigoodfellas should also offer the Proraso product line at a decent price. Be mindful of shipping fees.

Proraso.png

Top Bottom