What's new

Proraso gel riparatore gel

I used it in my first 1-2 months when weepers were common.
It works very well due to its consistency but it will harden in the nozzle if not used frequently.
Nowadays a plain alum stick is better suited for the occasional weeper.

I have to say, this is the only thing I use. I have stopped using alum blocks, sticks, matches a long time ago. I use the gel 2-3 times a month max, never had the hardening problem, but after a year has passed since opening the tube, I just bin it. It says so on the packaging - a sign with an open cap and 12 months. And usually the tube is almost half full. I must congratulate the gentlemen at Proraso for this product. It is all I ever needed.

Stupid question, but when do you apply the stuff?
1. Shave
2. Rinse
3. Alum
4. Rinse
5. Dry
6. Aftershave
Presumably after the alum at least, so you know you have more than just a weeper. But I'm not sure which of steps 3-6 to apply it after. And if before the aftershave, I guess you just apply aftershave to the rest of your face, or wait for the proraso to dry to apply it?

Stupid question, but when do you apply the stuff?
1. Shave
2. Rinse
3. Alum
4. Rinse
5. Dry
6. Aftershave
Presumably after the alum at least, so you know you have more than just a weeper. But I'm not sure which of steps 3-6 to apply it after. And if before the aftershave, I guess you just apply aftershave to the rest of your face, or wait for the proraso to dry to apply it?
Shave
Rinse & quick rub with a wet face cloth
put it on the spot/weeper and wait a bit
AS and be done

I don’t use any pre products anymore nor do I use alum on the full face just on the occasional weeper.

Thanks, @Multum in parvo . Had to use it today. Applied it after drying (sorta, the towel was pretty damp), and it didn't take the first time. Wasn't sure if I'd get better results if my face was wet, or if I'd dried the spot more thoroughly. Sounds like I maybe just had too small a dab on my fingertip.

Thanks, @Multum in parvo . Had to use it today. Applied it after drying (sorta, the towel was pretty damp), and it didn't take the first time. Wasn't sure if I'd get better results if my face was wet, or if I'd dried the spot more thoroughly. Sounds like I maybe just had too small a dab on my fingertip.
I usually squeezed out 2mm/ 1/10‘‘ which was always too much but covered the spot nicely.

My sequence:
1) Prep
2) Shave
3) Rinse with clean tap water
4) Alum rub down--wetting the block with cold tap water
5) Witch hazel rub in and then wipe off. Buffing off any stubble raised up by the WH.
6) A / S Buffing off any stubble raised up by the A/S.

Top Bottom