What's new

Proraso for newbie

The Single Blade line is fantastic. I haven't tried the Green, Red, White, or Blue lines in a cream.

The Single Blade line is fantastic. I haven't tried the Green, Red, White, or Blue lines in a cream.

That's nice to hear. I've been eye balling what I'm assuming is red line? It's primarily red tube, sandalwood. It's a bit intimidating with all the options out there

That's nice to hear. I've been eye balling what I'm assuming is red line? It's primarily red tube, sandalwood. It's a bit intimidating with all the options out there
I use the Red Line from the tub. I love it. Especially pairing it with the Red Aftershave. (Yes, the Red is the Sandalwood and Shea Butter.)

Raven Koenes

My precious!
You simply can't go wrong with any Proraso shaving cream period. Proraso Red is my favorite Sandalwood scent. It is as natural as it gets. I also like Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood it has a natural but sweeter scent, but I do digress from the topic here. BTW, Proraso soft soaps are a great deal.
019_50.jpg

While I have more fun with the soap than the cream, and it's a better deal price/shave wise, the soaps and creams are identical other than the amount of time they are allowed to cure and dry (I believe it's 3 days for the cream and 10 for the soap). Their single blade line is definitely the best, but I also love the red line (sandalwood), and it's a good, cheap first cream to get, so I would say go for it (assuming you like the smell of sandalwood)!
And make sure to report back with what you think of it!

i'm a big fan of samples, they give you lots of variety at a low cost, and take up very little shelf or drawer space. I'm always on the lookout for which sites are stocking which products in sample sizes, there are a bunch of sites selling their own unique selection of brands in samples, from both USA and Europe (ShaveDash and Connaught)..

For Proraso samples - Maggards currently has samples of the original 4 colors of shave creams/soaps plus their matching pre/post creams and after splashes/balms (they had samples of the single blade line, once a few months ago, but they sold out very quickly and haven't returned since) . WestCoastShaving has a sampler pack of all 7 shave creams (the original 4 + the 3 newer single blade line) in one set. Groomatorium has samples of the 3 newer creams and sometimes their matching after balms in stock, for sale individually.

with samples you can try out ALL of the Proraso creams/soaps, pre/posts, and aftershaves/balms .... for about what you'd pay for just one fullsize cream/soap and splash

Last edited:
Their prices seem extremely fair everywhere I look. Are the creams of decent quality?

Sir BigGrizz! Welcome to B&B!!

You have impeccable taste to consider Proraso creams!!

Do NOT hesitate to grab a TUBE of EACH!

You'll never regret!!

I will guarantee!!

Enjoy your journey!!

proraso red green blue.jpg

Proraso is very highly regarded by many on here. One thing you learn after wet shaving for years is that price and quality are not a linear relationship. There is inexpensive stuff that is great and expense stuff that just isn't worth what you paid.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I love the Proraso products in the tubs and the tubes. You can’t go wrong IMHO.

Proraso white is my “go to” for the times when I don’t want to deal with soaps (travel bag, etc.)

I also found that the Proraso pre-shave plus cream is the best option I’ve found for situations where I don’t take a full on shower - a good face wash, the pre shave and the cream works pretty well.

I am a soap guy almost exclusively. I say almost, because there is exactly one cream I always try to have on hand: Proraso Green. It's a great product, and if I'm going to be traveling and don't want to store a wet puck of soap.

As good as nearly any soap or cream I have ever 3017d or used, better than most of them, about 1/4 the cost of many and can be bought locally.

You can't go wrong. It was good enough for me to choose as my post 3017 product after I used up all my stash.

Every Proraso product is good.

When I started, it was a must buy. There wasn’t much else in the same vein. You could actually buy it at target in 2006.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Ditto
Great line. Cant go wrong. Have green and red. Been loving the red A/S this winter.

I am going to be the voice of dissent here. I absolutely cannot stand proraso shave soap. My face gets torn up with razor burn every time I use it and I have given it chance after chance. The soap is $10. The preshave is $10. It's $20 for both for what is essentially a common drusgstore shave soap in europe that doesn't cost anywhere near that.

You can get Tabac for 12$-14$ and Stirling for $14 (some as low as 9$). These soaps blow proraso away, blow it to SMITHEREENS!

I know people love it. Maybe you will too. But just so you know, it gets much, much better than proraso.

(Okay, bring on the barage angry counterarguments. I spoke blasphemy, I'm sure they're coming! [emoji6])

Last edited:
Top Bottom