What's new

Proraso. Do you use it for the scent or it's intended "purpose"?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I don’t really get how the red is for tough beards. I mean I suppose so but I like it for the sandalwood scent. I gave up on the red preshave because I like the green/menthol way better. I love the lime cream.l too. So I’ll use the red cream and aftershave paired together to mix it up but I like the green or lime with the green aftershave. I got the preshave and red and green aftershave on the large size containers so I can use liberally. And often.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I like me a bit of Proraso, I currently have red, white and green soaps and the wood and spice cream and I have had red, white green and blue creams. I enjoy all of them for the scent although the white scent is not the strongest. My particular favourite is the wood and spice, followed by the red, blue and then the green, a view my two shaving sons agree with.

I love the scent of the red and use it the most. I dislike the scent of the green but it is refreshing on the skin. I just got the azure lime because I really like the scent of the AS balm.

Proraso white was my first cream when I entered traditional shaving nearly a year ago, so it will always have a very special place in my heart. I still get waves of nostalgia when I lather it up. I have not yet tried blue, but white, green, and red are a regular part of my rotation, regardless of season.

Proraso green after shave lotion: by golly that stuff is made with supernatural Italian magic. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I like the White, Red and Green soaps/croaps in the tubs. I just use them whenever I feel like it. They work for me and I like the scents especially the Red. In the tubed creams I have only used the Green. It is an excellent cream for me. Proraso make great shaving products IMHO.

Reactions: GNR
I like me a bit of Proraso, I currently have red, white and green soaps and the wood and spice cream and I have had red, white green and blue creams. I enjoy all of them for the scent although the white scent is not the strongest. My particular favourite is the wood and spice, followed by the red, blue and then the green, a view my two shaving sons agree with.

I've always been curious about the wood and spice. It looks like proraso has a "single edge" series, but I don't hear much about them

the green (tube, cream) really does it for me, along woth the matching aftershave splash.

Tried the red, and I just dont love sandalwood shaving products in general, so I PIF’d it.

Never have tried white or blue.

Ive tried all theee single blades and really like the wood and spice, and cypress and vetiver. The azur lime was ok, but pretty weakly scented. Wish the single blades had matching aftershave splashes, instead of balms.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
the green (tube, cream) really does it for me, along woth the matching aftershave splash.

Tried the red, and I just dont love sandalwood shaving products in general, so I PIF’d it.

Never have tried white or blue.

Ive tried all theee single blades and really like the wood and spice, and cypress and vetiver. The azur lime was ok, but pretty weakly scented. Wish the single blades had matching aftershave splashes, instead of balms.
Same here. Proraso if you are listening. The azur lime edp is great. How about an alcohol splash?

I recently bought the green and white and both are really nice soaps, perhaps the best of the cheaper stuff.
However, I don't care for the scent of the white, so I mixed both together and the result if very nice indeed.

My favorite proraso without a doubt: Yellow 'Wood & spice' cream - that scent is really wonderfull.
I also have a red tub, good performance and scent, but there are better ones out there.
And had a green tube, love the menthl but it dried out my skin, I mixed it with another soap.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I've always been curious about the wood and spice. It looks like proraso has a "single edge" series, but I don't hear much about them
I've only tried the wood and spice, but it has a great strong scent that lingers a bit after shaving. It seems to give a slightly thicker lather.

I Find that the Red tube has better lather performance then the green tube.

Wish the lines where complete as I love the blue Azur lime. The scent is fantastic. Current have the shaving balm, beard wash, and beard oil.

Also love the Red and have the soap tub, pre shave and splash.

The green line also my very first soap. Gas been my go to for years and has feel out of favour... Have the pre shave and three tubs...

I'm a green Proraso man through and through - whatever the season. Love it both for the smell and the protection it provides for my shaves. I do, however, long for the days when I could buy it in Europe for a helluva lot cheaper than $10 per tube.

Definitely not for the scent except for the green splash which is like the intire proraso line up good for the price but definitely not exceptional on that matter I'd rate Speick and Ach brito higher

The green splash is a summer favorite around here! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

The red is on my ‘to try‘ list.

I personally prefer the red to the green, but the green is hard to beat on a hot summer day.

Although margaritas in the artic by Stirling is probably my personal favorite summer soap and splash

I have heavy black beard. Don't find any difference in how close the shave is with all the 4 Proraso varieties. The whole claim that the red version is for tough beards is only marketing. My preference is for the red, next blue, next green. Don't like the smell of the white. Only use the green in the summer.

Top Bottom