What's new

Proraso. Do you use it for the scent or it's intended "purpose"?

When I first decided to try proraso, I bought red, green and white. Apparently, according to Proraso, the green is refreshing, the red is for coarse beards, and the white is for sensitive skin. There is a blue too but haven't tried it, but it is supposed to be moisturizing. I was not a fan of the scent of white, and PIF'd it.

As fall is rolling in, I start to use my red over the green. I love the scent of the red, but in the summer the menthol and scent are better for green. I noticed though I haven't really been able to tell a huge difference between the soap except for menthol and scent. They are both good performers.

Now, I would consider my beard pretty coarse. And I have never felt an advantage or disadvantage vs red or green.

Anyone ever find a difference in performance between the soaps for their beard type? Do you have a beard so thick that red cuts better than green or white?

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I find Red and Blue lather a little thicker and slicker than Green and White. I mean, its a subtle thing, not a gamechanger. But I do think the shea butter in the Red and Vitamin E in Blue make a felt difference. Nevertheless, I agree that I mainly pick my Prorosa "color" for the scent and menthol level. Red in winter for sure. Try it with Captain's Choice Sandalwood. Hmm, so good. Green in summer. The cold water, all-Green Pre, Cream, Splash shave is a summer staple. Blue is my allrounder. It works in any season. Pair it with your favorite Floid Blue clone in summer and something spicy like Bay Rum in the winter. But Blue really shines in the shoulder seasons, like right now. I think White could fit that bill too. I don't love White. Its okay, but clearly my least favorite and I don't use it very much. I could see how someone might prefer the scent of White over Blue, which I like but is kind of medicinal.

I like the green in summer or white anytime. Have yet to try red or blue...

Sometimes throw a drop of the green in with another soap for a 'superlather' and that hit of menthol

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I like them all. The red is probably my least favorite. The white goes so well with so many different colognes; the blue I like to follow up with Floid; and the green is simply perfect. I use the green, blue, and white balms or milks all the time as well; they are really high quality, underrated products. Mix n' match- green soap/cream, blue balm, green splash. They all smell so good together!

I like them all. The red is probably my least favorite. The white goes so well with so many different colognes; the blue I like to follow up with Floid; and the green is simply perfect. I use the green, blue, and white balms or milks all the time as well; they are really high quality, underrated products. Mix n' match- green soap/cream, blue balm, green splash. They all smell so good together!

I didn't care for the white, but based on recommendations I think I will have to give the blue a try!

I've tried all but the red and absolutely love all of them. I don't notice much difference at all in performance or how my skin feels afterward.

I have a tub of the white that seems to have a lot of menthol in it. Which is strange because I barely notice any menthol in the white cream.

for me, only for the intended purpose...

proraso green gillette slim truefitt and hill american girl january 5 2015.jpg

I only have some of the soaps and creams and I like them. I'm forced to use mostly my sandalwood cream, because I accidently broke the twist of the tube cap by twisting it a bit tighter than usual and i'm trying to finish it off, because it might go bad. I'm not sure if it's because i'm using mostly the red cream, but I find it a bit better compared to the other two. Maybe it really is for coarse beard, who knows. I don't know if the green version of the cream is better, but the soap version have a very artificial smell and I expected something else. All great products, especially if you can find them below 10$, which is a bit too much considering that fact that they are sold for around 2 euro in Italy and in some other countries as well.

I have green, white, and red and can’t tell a difference. If I had to pick just one, it’s the green—such a classic scent! Red is awesome but I doubt I’ll buy white again. It does the job, but the slight scent doesn’t do it for me.

I only have some of the soaps and creams and I like them. I'm forced to use mostly my sandalwood cream, because I accidently broke the twist of the tube cap by twisting it a bit tighter than usual and i'm trying to finish it off, because it might go bad. I'm not sure if it's because i'm using mostly the red cream, but I find it a bit better compared to the other two. Maybe it really is for coarse beard, who knows. I don't know if the green version of the cream is better, but the soap version have a very artificial smell and I expected something else. All great products, especially if you can find them below 10$, which is a bit too much considering that fact that they are sold for around 2 euro in Italy and in some other countries as well.

Considering it has to be put on a boat or a plane to get to the states I think it's a fair price

I have not noticed much of a performance difference between the different variants. I've been using Red a lot lately and like white a lot, but when it comes down to purchasing more I'll probably just stick with green. It's perfect.

I like all the Proraso soaps and creams. If I buy more in the future, it will probably be green because of the scent. The red might have have softened my beard a little more than the others, other than that there wasn't much of a difference in performance that I noticed.

Considering it has to be put on a boat or a plane to get to the states I think it's a fair price

You'd be surprised how many things that are made in Europe or Russia are sold on Amazon in the US cheaper than can be found in Europe for instance. And i'm not talking about blades, creams and soaps only. Not only that you have pretty much everything in one website, it's also cheaper than almost anywhere else in the world.

I have the red, white, and green Proraso croaps in tubs and the blue cream in a tube. I use them for scent/feel. The red is great for the colder months because its scent is stronger and it feels a bit more moisturizing. The white and blue both have a bit less moisturizing feel, but are my year-round favorites as both have a bit of menthol but not so much as to be uncomfortable for the winter months (then again, I live where snow is so rare that a 1/2 inch snow fall is considered a severe snowstorm). The green is my least favorite of the bunch only because it is so unimpressive. It's supposed to have a lot of menthol and be good for the summer months, but it has less menthol than the white IME.

Up until I tried the blue, the white was my favorite of the Proraso line that I've used. Before I tried the white, I liked the red immensely. As it stands, I still really like the red, but prefer the white. I favor the blue even more than that. The green is fine, but it's more of an afterthought.

Top Bottom