What's new

Proraso dethroned! The new king of creams is Nivea! Wow, this stuff is slick!

Nice shave with the 'sensitive' this morning. Doled a snurdle on my brush and face lathered. Quality lather that was more slick than cushiony. Face felt good post shave if not a tad on the dry side. I will use this stuff again. The fragrance can only be described as "Nivea". Question: Fragrance is not listed as an ingredient. Where does that distinctive Nivea fragrance come from?

The Nivea site lists Chamomile as a primary ingredient so I imagine that's what you are smelling for the most part.

Actually I think the Florena (Nivea on a budget) had the stronger Chamomile scent.

I believe Florena is now the Orginal/Mild Nivea in the blue tube here in Canada. I think you might be right but the blue also has a farily sea salt note as well that the Senstitive version doesn't.

Just bought a tube yesterday at my local rite aid, $4 (apparently overpaid after some of the pricing listed here)!

Very pleasant experience. This cream will stay in my lineup for as long as they make it.

Nivea really makes some pretty darned good shaving products!

I believe Florena is now the Orginal/Mild Nivea in the blue tube here in Canada. I think you might be right but the blue also has a farily sea salt note as well that the Senstitive version doesn't.

That could be, since Florena is owned by BDF now as well.

I found out my dad has been using the Nivea blue for the past months and decided to give it a try.

Overall it's a decent cream for the price, lathers up very well. I don't care about the scent. However, I can't say it's better than my Proraso blue, which is much slicker and has a better scent, IMHO.

I think it was $4.29 when I bought mine at Rite Aid. But I have also seen RA have sales on Nivea products.

I saw Original Nivea for 2.94 at Walmart yesterday and that's in Canada where we tend to pay more for our products so $4.29 seems rather high.

I've noticed American prices on these things can be pretty bad. Seen Aqua Velva more than a few times at five bucks or more! But anyway, no, I still don't think you over paid really. It is worth it, and if it was over four bucks here, I'd still get it, especially considering there's no shipping and waiting. 2.94$ is probably what I paid as well. I know it was under three.

Been keeping an eye out for this stuff whenever I go to a grocery store/Target/Walmart. So far haven't found it locally. One day I will find it!

I did however come across a tub of Dove Men's shaving cream. Made me curious. May give it a shot once I work through some of my current software/am done with Gentlemanly Restraint.

Top Bottom