What's new

Proraso dethroned! The new king of creams is Nivea! Wow, this stuff is slick!

I have a tube of the Nivea Men Originals (blue tube), and I'm very impressed with its performance for the price paid. I use it when my previous shave was a little hard on my face.

I have been using Nivea Sensitive for some time now, took it instead of Nivea Mild (blue tube). I have noticed pretty big difference between them, as Sensitive gave me a shave with lot less irritation and skin damage. It is completely alcohol free, so in theory it should even moisturize better, since alcohol evaporates water. Got a Proraso Green soap recently, so I will try that too but Nivea Sensitive is my tried and tested solution. Scent is generic Nivea, but very mild and pleasant - I would reffer to it as shaving smell (just love smell of my brush after shave).

Also, it costs about 2 $ here, and is available literally in every drugstore. Everything else you can buy in those are aerosol cans. Nivea may not fit everyone but it really is something you should try.

Just picked up some sensitive.

Funny thing about that word "sensitive", when you shave with a product that is called "sensitive" it's usually a good thing but when we pick my daughter up at daycare and they call her "sensitive" not so much. :sob:

I do; however, prefer the original formula and also prefer the scent which has a good sea salt scent.

Last edited:
Funny thing about that word "sensitive", when you shave with a product that is called "sensitive" it's usually a good thing but when we pick my daughter up at daycare and they call her "sensitive" not so much. :sob:

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked and looked at my local Kroger affiliated store (Dillons) and they don't have either of these. Does CVS or Walmart carry it? What about the dollar stores?

I can only find the sensitive in the Seattle area. It is regularly on sale at Safeway for $ 2.79. Pair that with the coupon that's always in the paper. I get it for $0.79.

$uploadfromtaptalk1410319446248.jpg

Decided to take my tube of Nivea Original out for a spin tonight and it works really well with my L'Occitaine Plisson brush. Only problem I've noticed is that I need to use a bit more than I do with higher priced creams to get a rich lather.

Decided to take my tube of Nivea Original out for a spin tonight and it works really well with my L'Occitaine Plisson brush. Only problem I've noticed is that I need to use a bit more than I do with higher priced creams to get a rich lather.
At a fraction of the cost, does it matter?

Look in your Sunday newspaper for the Red Plum or the other coupon insert, I forgot what it is called. Nivea ran the same coupon last month, I think. I found the expired coupon just a while ago! :mad3::a31::a52::a32::censored:

Coupons are not that popular here in the Netherlands. "2 for the price of 1" actions are though.

Nice shave with the 'sensitive' this morning. Doled a snurdle on my brush and face lathered. Quality lather that was more slick than cushiony. Face felt good post shave if not a tad on the dry side. I will use this stuff again. The fragrance can only be described as "Nivea". Question: Fragrance is not listed as an ingredient. Where does that distinctive Nivea fragrance come from?

Top Bottom