What's new

Proraso - Cypress and Vetiver

Looked into it a little more. Seems like I was recalling a forum post, but when I check online it states "Shaving cream not included" so it sounds like it isn't coming with anything inside.

Only thing you're missing now is the AS/Cologne spray dispenser
proxy.php

Looked into it a little more. Seems like I was recalling a forum post, but when I check online it states "Shaving cream not included" so it sounds like it isn't coming with anything inside.

Only thing you're missing now is the AS/Cologne spray dispenser
proxy.php
ACK STOP!!, LOL... I buy an atomizer, or better yet steal one from the boss, LOL

I got my Cypress & Vetiver order in and shaved with it yesterday, and it is excellent. I'll try to do a more detailed review at some point, but latherability, slickness and post-shave are all outstanding. The scent reminds me a lot of L'Occitane Cade, and the price for 9.5 oz is decent.

I got the Cypress & Vetiver recently from Maggard's.

Shaving properties are nice but I am not sure about the scent. I have an EDT Vetiver Extraordinaire, which in the luxury price range, so yeah not directly comparable with a <20$ shave cream. But when you know how vetiver oil is smelling, then there is hardly anything of true vetiver in the scent of this new Proraso cream. There is some very strong impact nutty, pyrazine like note that dominates the scent and this also is lingering quite a while on you skin and even in the brush after thorough rinsing. I think I remember the exact same note sticking out when I tried their sandalwood cream and I didn't like that back then. I ordered online without smelling the product first.:sad:
YMMV on the scent.

I just received the full set of Cypress & Vetiver today from CO Bigelow. A tip, they already have a good price respective to the other vendors. But I left them in my cart, undecided whether I wanted to buy. A few days later, they sent me a 10% off coupon code, which brought the price shipped for the cream, post, and cologne to $66. Not too shabby.

The smell is great. Woody, grassy, a little earthy, and it hangs in there. I put on the cologne a few hours ago and I'm still smelling it pungently right now. Looking forward to the full experience, which won't be right away. I'm on a mission to deep-six a tube of Speick right now. I want to use up some of the stuff I'm not so wild about that's taking up space in my den...

Will post my thoughts when I get back around to it!

Just received from amazon. Literally just now 20:00. If you have smelled Lalique's Encre Noir, this is (at least the scent through the pouch) smells almost exactly the same. As I own both Encre Noire and Encre Noire a l'extreme, I am a happy camper purely on the scent alone.

I've got a beard that needs shaving. Will check in soon to see if the cream holds up.

Last edited:
@Marco Just bought the cypress & vetyver cream 100ml for 7 euros. The scent is some kind of green Proraso but a lot better. The package was great, it seems thick.

What should I expect with this cream during shaving?

Thank you. George

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
@Marco Just bought the cypress & vetyver cream 100ml for 7 euros. The scent is some kind of green Proraso but a lot better. The package was great, it seems thick.

What should I expect with this cream during shaving?

Thank you. George

George, the description on the scent being "kind of Green Proraso but a lot better" is spot on, actually being more refined and complex.
The performance is what you expect and get by any cream in the Single Blade line, ie a boosted version of the regular Proraso creams.
Stay assured, this one will work like a charm. :yesnod:

actually being more refined and complex.

Exactly this Marco. Tonight I did a test lather with it and I found it very slick. I could not feel my fingers when I had lather on my hand. As for the scent, just fantastic, to my nose of course. I washed my hand after used it with bar soap and the scent was there. Proraso did a good job on this. I know it's double price here in Greece from the regular Proraso and less quantity, but worths the money.

I wish Greece produced a cream like this, Italy is many steps in front of us, especially in barber products...(and not only)

If you could see my den you would find that my favourite products come from Italy.
Cella, Razorock, Proraso, TFS...

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Exactly this Marco. Tonight I did a test lather with it and I found it very slick. I could not feel my fingers when I had lather on my hand. As for the scent, just fantastic, to my nose of course. I washed my hand after used it with bar soap and the scent was there. Proraso did a good job on this. I know it's double price here in Greece from the regular Proraso and less quantity, but worths the money.

I wish Greece produced a cream like this, Italy is many steps in front of us, especially in barber products...(and not only)

If you could see my den you would find that my favourite products come from Italy.
Cella, Razorock, Proraso, TFS...

Thank you for the nice words regarding Italy, Sir! Of course I fully agree, but also admit that there are so many wonderful products coming from all over Europe...
How to forget the great shaving soaps from Spain and Germany? Or the great bath soaps from France? Or the superb shaving creams from the United Kingdom?

Oh yes Marco, I also have St. James of London shave cream the black pepper and lime version. Taylor Grapefruit. Excellent stuff. But I think the heart of shaving is in Italy.

Watched yesterday a video from Antica Barberia Colla, very traditional. The video also helped me to break in more quickly a new board brush.

Top Bottom