What's new

Proraso - Cypress and Vetiver

I received the cypress 2 weeks I have also used the blue and sensitive proraso offerings. I will say based on my experience it is one of my top performers in slickness and cushioning. I rank it with Jabonman CRSw and MDC. I used it with my ikon el jefe and got superior results. A little size drop creates amazing lather. I really like it on the cold dry mornings. The cost delivered to CAN was a bit high but it will last a long time.

IMO the scent is very similar to
Bottega Veneta Pour Homme Essence Aromatique, cypress, citrus, cedar and not much vetiver.

I'm curious about Azur Lime as well. I don't normally care much for citrus since I can just go smell an orange if I'm so inclined but sometimes perfurmers work citrus into their fragrances in such a way that it smells unique and fantastic.

I also got word directly from Proraso that the new Single Blade lineup will be available in the US at the end of this month (April). I'm not sure where we'll be able to purchase the goods but I'm guessing that it should be available from many of out favorite vendors, including the ones who frequent this forum. I just have a limited budget and although I would like to try all three creams eventually, I'm having a hard time deciding the order in which I should try them.

I'll definitely get some. I'd love it if I could find a brick and mortar store so I could give each fragrance a whiff before buying.

I finally managed to find several different on-line shops here in Italy that sell this new line. Prices are between €10.90 and €12.90 per piece, which is pretty expensive for a Proraso cream (a regular 150ml tube costs less than €2.00).

Anyway, I'll give these a try when going back to shaving.

Just a guess, but I don't think Italian barbers will use much of them. Why would they spend 12 euros on a 275ml tube of the new stuff when they can spend 2 euros on a 150ml green tube? They probably pay 5-6 euros for the 500ml green tube.

If they ultimately sell them at Esselunga supermarket I will ask my brother to pick me up a tube of the new creams. Otherwise I'll pass.

Just a guess, but I don't think Italian barbers will use much of them. Why would they spend 12 euros on a 275ml tube of the new stuff when they can spend 2 euros on a 150ml green tube? They probably pay 5-6 euros for the 500ml green tube.

If they ultimately sell them at Esselunga supermarket I will ask my brother to pick me up a tube of the new creams. Otherwise I'll pass.
I dont know about why barbers would use the new products but from my experience with the new cream, its different in both consistency (thicker) and slightly better in performance in terms of glide and slickness. I have the Vetiver and the wood on the way. Unfortunately the lime was out of stock, so it would be great if they bring it to the USA

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Today I had my usual every-two-weeks haircut and, after going away from my barbershop, I noticed for the first time a new barbershop retailer that recently opened on the same street. I entered and asked about the new Proraso creams - the lady who was there told me that they are "on order", hence they will have them in stock shortly. If so, I will pick-up one, hopefully on my next haircut. :001_cool:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I finally managed to find one (actually the Wood and Spice) in a perfumery inside a shopping center here in Rome. Price point was €12,90. Thoughts to follow up after a test, but probably into a separate thread.

I can chime is regarding the scent for the cologne version. I'm new to fragrances so I've neither smelled cypress nor vetiver before. The cologne has a zesty, plant-like quality about it. It smells like something from the lemongrass family, like the type of long grass that you would smell while hiking near a lake. I can smell a bit of citrus, which is probably the contributor to the zest.

It seems like a very natural scent, which I like as fragrances that smell too synthetic can give me a massive headache. It really doesn't seem very complicated at all and I haven't noticed much of a change as it dries down. It's a great spring scent and it belongs to the cooler, sharper family of fragrances in the same vein as Proraso green and white versus the warmer, softer scents of Proraso red and blue.

I ordered the Cypress and Vetiver cream and balm from Gifts & Care last week and it shipped the other day, but I was just perusing Maggards and noticed that they have the new Proraso Single Edge creams as well as the aftershave balms and colognes. So they are available in at least one U.S. store now.

Not enjoying the price point on this new line
Keep in mind that they're almost twice the size of the standard tubes (275ml vs 150ml) so double the price makes scents. (Get it, scents, okay bad joke). Imo its a far better product than the original of which I'm a fan of also. Its thicker and I really like the Cypress and Vetyver scent. The Wood and Spice scent is good also, I just prefer the Cypress and Vetyver of the two.

Why did I open this thread... But I did and the retailer and found out Those bags are meant to be used with the container, the counter in the Shave Den had an empty space.. so I folded like a cheap tent, The Cyprus/Vetiver is on the way with the Lime balm and cologne. Waiting for someone to have the Lime Cream in stock. Now the long wait from Spain, LOL

Why did I open this thread... But I did and the retailer and found out Those bags are meant to be used with the container, the counter in the Shave Den had an empty space.. so I folded like a cheap tent, The Cyprus/Vetiver is on the way with the Lime balm and cologne. Waiting for someone to have the Lime Cream in stock. Now the long wait from Spain, LOL

:thumbup: :lol:

You know, I am only doing that to support you as the Shave Cream Steward Right? Good my AD now has a purpose, LOL

Lol I'll take it. We can compare notes when they get here. I was thinking about getting the Azur Lime cologne, and still might, but want to check out the scent of the Cypress & Vetiver first.

Doesn't the dispenser come filled with cream too?

Doesn't the dispenser come filled with cream too?
You know Derek, I did not ask,when I inquired, but they did confirm it is meant to be used with the bags, so either they have another bag in there when delivered or I will just hook up the C&V bag. This is the one I got and it was 132.00 US no VAT. By the looks of it that top cap on the lid looks like a screw top, and I assume it connects to the shave bag that way. Probably not worth it, but I got kicked out of the Master Bathroom a few yrs ago ( why I have no idea, LOL )

So I took over one of our guest bathrooms and turned it into a Mini old time barbershop and this container begged to be in it.

proxy.php

Top Bottom