What's new

Proraso 'Cutting Edge' Protective Aftershave Cream

Hi ya.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this?

Cutting Edge after shave cream from Proraso is made with grape seed oil, defensil and vitamins so that it helps to maintain the elasticity of the skin, ensuring that your skin continues to look youthful.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
A product that belongs to the relatively new line "Sul filo del rasoio" ("Cutting edge"). It refreshes, moisturizes and feels good on the skin. An overall excellent aftershave treatment. :thumbup1:

I use this as the second part of my post shaving regime (first i use Proraso Cutting Edge Razor Burn Repair then the protective after shave cream and finally Proraso Aftershave Balm - this is how Proraso recommended using these products).
I don't have anything to really compare it with as i'm new to DE shaving and these are the first products i've bought :) But, using these three products, i don't get razor burn or any dry skin issues after shaving (I particularly like the razor burn product).

FYI - heres Proraso's info on the product:

Cutting Edge - Protective After Shave Cream

Product
This alcohol-free soothing post shave cream effectively calms and protects the face after shaving. Made with Grape Seed Oil, Defensil and a cocktail of vitamins it helps maintain the elasticity of skin to keep it looking youthful.
How to use
After shaving rinse face thoroughly. Gently massage.a thin layer to face and neck using using fingers and then allow to absorb into skin. Follow with After Shave, Toner or Cologne. Can also be used as a moisturiser in between shaving.

I use this as the second part of my post shaving regime (first i use Proraso Cutting Edge Razor Burn Repair then the protective after shave cream and finally Proraso Aftershave Balm - this is how Proraso recommended using these products).
I don't have anything to really compare it with as i'm new to DE shaving and these are the first products i've bought :) But, using these three products, i don't get razor burn or any dry skin issues after shaving (I particularly like the razor burn product).

FYI - heres Proraso's info on the product:

Cutting Edge - Protective After Shave Cream

Product
This alcohol-free soothing post shave cream effectively calms and protects the face after shaving. Made with Grape Seed Oil, Defensil and a cocktail of vitamins it helps maintain the elasticity of skin to keep it looking youthful.
How to use
After shaving rinse face thoroughly. Gently massage.a thin layer to face and neck using using fingers and then allow to absorb into skin. Follow with After Shave, Toner or Cologne. Can also be used as a moisturiser in between shaving.

Grazie Marco and Blackbeard.

I'll definitely give the full Proraso post shave a try! :shaving:

I'll have to add this to the shopping list. Where are you gents picking it up, in the US, I trust?

For me (in the Uk) I'm getting it from a seller on ebay called maguires.barbershop

Here are links to 3 auctions (check the auction descriptions as they give info on how to use the products - nice).

PRORASO CUTTING EDGE - RAZOR BURN RELIEF
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....26503&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1749wt_1141

PRORASO CUTTING EDGE PROTECTIVE AFTERSHAVE CREAM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250755631946#ht_1641wt_1141

PRORASO AFTERSHAVE BALM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250755622951#ht_1768wt_1141

Very good product

Soothing : check
Moisturizing: check
Scent: very neutral; if you like your ASB to have a scent, forget it; even Nivea Sensitive ASB has a scent compared to this one

Overall, a quality product

So far I have tried the classic shaving soap from Proraso and the pre-shave cream in the white Jar. Unfortunately I had to stop using them because something in both of them seriously irritates my skin. I tried this after shave cream today for the first time. Excellent smoothing and moisturizing properties, very soothing and a very light scent that quickly fades away. This will definitely accompany me in travels. Great value for the money.

Top Bottom