What's new

Proraso cologne line

Anyone try the three (fairly) new Proraso colognes? Do you have any feedback on these? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger because I love Proraso, but I think I want to hear more about the scent, longetivity, notes, etc. before I do. Thanks.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I hope they do a sandalwood! I just looked and Fendrihan has a description of their Wood and Spice cologne. Sounds good. Believe it to be a must try.

Like Steve I'm a great fan of the scent of Proraso red and I hope for a cologne version, so I bought two of the new scents. I decided to skip the third, Azur&Lime. I like citrus scents, but they are not me.

20180701_092527.jpg

Wood and Spice was a disappointment at first. It had no resemblance to the wet dirt scent of Proraso red. After the initial disappointment it has grown on me. I do like woodsy scents and this is wood with a strong accent of saffron and similar scents. Wood and Spice as it says on the label. It is far from my favourite scents, but I think I might rebuy it. Considering the price it's hard to beat.

I found Cypress & Vetyver on sale and though why not?. To me it has a generic Fougere scent. Not the best composition since it is rather straight forward without any subtler notes. It's an OK scent that doesn't deviate much from what your can find in a shower gel sold at a supermarket. I've used it a few times. I'm actually using it today, but I can't see that I'll use up the bottle. There are other products that I much rather use.

The silage isn't that great on either one, but then again that might be something positive. The longevity is fairly good. I'd say up to eight hours.

To sum up: Unfortunately none of them resembles the Proraso red. They are cheap, but the Wood and Spice is great value for the money.

To be fair, and I’m sure you know Arne, Wood and Spice has its own matching soap. Have you tried comparing the match?

I must agree, a Red cologne would be amazing.

To be fair, and I’m sure you know Arne, Wood and Spice has its own matching soap. Have you tried comparing the match?

I must agree, a Red cologne would be amazing.
Yes I know. I do sincerely apologise for having been unclear. I didn't buy the Wood and Spice in the hope that the scent was to be the same as Proraso red. I bought because I really like the scent of Proraso red and hoped that Proraso would have come up with an equally great scent. To be totally fair the Wood and Spice is a far more complex scent and objectively the scent most likely is better than the scent of Proraso red. I just happen to really like Pororaso red's woody scent of decomposing leaves and wet dirt. Even so I do find Wood and Spice to be very nice.

Yes I know. I do sincerely apologise for having been unclear. I didn't buy the Wood and Spice in the hope that the scent was to be the same as Proraso red. I bought because I really like the scent of Proraso red and hoped that Proraso would have come up with an equally great scent. To be totally fair the Wood and Spice is a far more complex scent and objectively the scent most likely is better than the scent of Proraso red. I just happen to really like Pororaso red's woody scent of decomposing leaves and wet dirt. Even so I do find Wood and Spice to be very nice.

I see! Equally as much my misunderstanding I’m sure! Thank you for your thoughts. :001_smile

Top Bottom