What's new

Proraso Blue: blue tube vs. white tube?

I had a great shave this morning with Proraso Blue cream and went to look for an online picture to post. I'm finding images of both a blue tube and a white tube for the "Blue" (aka, "Protective") formulation. (Of course there's also Proraso White "Sensitive" that comes in a different white tube.)

Anyone know what's up with this? Both appear to be the current "Super Formula" if I'm interpreting the graphics correctly, and both come in 150ml sizes. Is one newer? Any difference at all in the formulation? Since the text is inverted between the two versions, is one for the southern hemisphere?

Blue in blue:

1611150842187.png

Blue in white:

1611151108349.png

And have we discussed which is the "proper" orientation of text on tubes? If not, I'll get on that important topic next.

I had a great shave this morning with Proraso Blue cream and went to look for an online picture to post. I'm finding images of both a blue tube and a white tube for the "Blue" (aka, "Protective") formulation. (Of course there's also Proraso White "Sensitive" that comes in a different white tube.)

Anyone know what's up with this? Both appear to be the current "Super Formula" if I'm interpreting the graphics correctly, and both come in 150ml sizes. Is one newer? Any difference at all in the formulation? Since the text is inverted between the two versions, is one for the southern hemisphere?

Blue in blue:

View attachment 1210911

Blue in white:

View attachment 1210914

And have we discussed which is the "proper" orientation of text on tubes? If not, I'll get on that important topic next.
I hate upside down text. It’s hard for me to read.

Bear in mind I’ve never used Proraso Shave Cream. But, I have used their white preshave. The white is supposedly for sensitive skin, but it ha a tingle and makes my eyes water, so it’s got more than oats and green tea in it.

My understanding of the difference is the added ingredients. White has oats & green tea, whereas blue has aloe & vitamin E. I wonder what else is in these formulations, but I can’t find it anywhere.

My understanding of the difference is the added ingredients. White has oats & green tea, whereas blue has aloe & vitamin E. I wonder what else is in these formulations, but I can’t find it anywhere.

I think the green, white, and blue all have menthol, in varying amounts. I agree that it's strange that the "sensitive" formula, aka white, has an ingredient that can be an irritant for some.

But just in case it wasn't clear, both of the tubes picture above are the Aloe and Vitamin E formula, aka "Blue", even though one of the tubes is mostly white. Weird.

I think the green, white, and blue all have menthol, in varying amounts. I agree that it's strange that the "sensitive" formula, aka white, has an ingredient that can be an irritant for some.

But just in case it wasn't clear, both of the tubes picture above are the Aloe and Vitamin E formula, aka "Blue", even though one of the tubes is mostly white. Weird.
The top picture is the CURRENT packaging, both in US and Europe.

Here: Shaving Cream Tube: Protective & Moisturizing - Proraso USA (proraso-usa.com)

The top picture is the CURRENT packaging, both in US and Europe.
Here: Shaving Cream Tube: Protective & Moisturizing - Proraso USA (proraso-usa.com)
Indeed, though they haven't updated the list of ingredients on site (as mentioned earlier, no more EDTA).

Both appear to be the current "Super Formula"...
Only the top one ("Blue in blue") is Super Formula.

I think the green, white, and blue all have menthol, in varying amounts.
New (Super Formula) white is menthol-free.

I believe the newer packaging is the dark blue one. Online stores are often slow to change their photos to match changes in the current products.

Thanks for the clarification! I thought the various logos/designs with the curved tricolore all represented the new "Super Formula", but apparently that's not the case--the previous formulation also had a version of the arced tricolore. There is a visual of some of the graphics by decade on the the Proraso USA website, but unfortunately it doesn't cover the 2010s and 2020s:

1611174516745.png

Having had a tube of the older design (white with some blue and a light blue cap), I ordered a tube of blue that was delivered a couple of weeks ago. It was the blue in blue/all blue one. So as far as I can tell this blue/blue is the new packaging/formula. But I am quite confused by Proraso and all of the packaging/formula differences! Having said that ANY version of the blue Proraso is great!

As others have noted, I believe the Blue in blue is the new packaging/super formula. But Proraso has not really explained very well, or really at all, what the difference is between the old formula and the super formula.

I have the new super formula in the blue and red cream, and the old formula in white. The only noticeable difference right out of the tube is the newer creams have a thicker consistency. They all perform well.

Having had a tube of the older design (white with some blue and a light blue cap), I ordered a tube of blue that was delivered a couple of weeks ago. It was the blue in blue/all blue one. So as far as I can tell this blue/blue is the new packaging/formula. But I am quite confused by Proraso and all of the packaging/formula differences! Having said that ANY version of the blue Proraso is great!
I love the packaging, the colors and designs. Great stuff inside and out.

Well, Proraso doesn't explain anything I guess, because other companies with mass market products (like Palmolive or Nivea here in Germany) don't either. I think it is because their regular customers just don't care. Btw, most changes are necessary, because the EU regulates quite often, if a substance is identified as carcinogenic or something else. Palmolive and Nivea had to do changes in the past also. Palmolive will have to change in the next years, because a replacement for the scent in a lot of their products (also shaving cream and foam) is on the new watchlist of the EU. So, maybe it is often smart not to talk too much about reasons why they changed stuff. You could also say a bit provocative, that they have to change formulas, because they always use a lot of dead cheap unhealthy **** in their products, and the EU always catches them doing it.

Top Bottom