What's new

Proraso atomizer…

I have them for the 400ml Pro bottles of Proraso and Floid. It’s a nice change of pace but I feel they are more for barbers spraying their patrons from afar without having their hands in their faces. I went back to splashing it on as I don’t mind my own hands :c9: and the mist only doesn’t feels as nice on my skin.

Last edited:
I have them for the 400ml Pro bottles of Proraso and Floid. It’s a nice change of pace but I feel they are more for barbers spraying their patrons from afar without having their hands in their faces. I went back to splashing it on as I don’t mind my own hands :c9: and the mist only doesn’t feels as nice on my skin.
You just might have saved me X amount of money, friend! 😉💰

I have one in my 400ml sandalwood Proraso bottle. I DO NOT spray directly at my face, but spray 2 or 3 bulbed pumps into one cupped hand, pat my hands together, then pat my shaved face with my hands.
I don't know why everyone thinks you should spray directly on your face. My eyes are in the line of fire, and they're too important to me.

Used this way, the atomizer is very economical in dispensing. That's one real advantage to having one.

I have one in my 400ml sandalwood Proraso bottle. I DO NOT spray directly at my face, but spray 2 or 3 bulbed pumps into one cupped hand, pat my hands together, then pat my shaved face with my hands.
I don't know why everyone thinks you should spray directly on your face. My eyes are in the line of fire, and they're too important to me.

Used this way, the atomizer is very economical in dispensing. That's one real advantage to having one.
At the barber’s you have your eyes closed and they will direct the spray. If you use it yourself it’s a bit more tricky but also doable. What you are saying about gettthe right amount without spillage makes absolutely sense yet my atomizer is of the long tube variety and I guess a short one like for EdT/EdP would be better suited for this.

No barber would be spraying directly on my face, even if my eyes were closed. But since no one goes near my face with a razor except me, there's no reason to mention the issue.

To the original question, is an atomizer "worth" it, well, as I've said, it's a very economical way to dispense aftershave. Not much help if you have to apply 30ml of lotion. It's "hardware," costs less than the average 100ml bottle of aftershave, and it won't vanish with time like your aftershave will. I've used mine with Floids, Vitos, and Proraso. No hiccups to report, and I've never felt like I wasted money by purchasing it.

4.50 sounds not like an overly extravagant expense - what do they charge in the States for this piece?
CA27B912-A2DF-432E-9A8A-316E80A4A2B8.jpeg

Oh, no… it wouldn’t be the small expense of the atomizer that would give me cause for concern.

Rather, it’s the ACCOMPANYING aftershave itself.

My understanding is that these atomizers ONLY fit sizes of 400ml, a large bottle indeed. 😳
The Pro sizes (Floid, Vitos, Epsilon, Furbo) are priced between EUR 13.00-25.00 with Proraso red being the most expensive. The atomizer will fit all those brands.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Basic probably obvious question but what’s the benefit of the atomizer? It converts the aftershave into a mist like a cologne application I get. But I’m betting it doesn’t help the scent last longer. I enjoy applying doses of Proraso green rubbing it in my palms and then face so I wouldn’t enjoy just the spray application. I’m about 1/2 on my 400 ml bottle. US best price I found is $25. So I
Probably need a backup.

Last edited:
Oh, no… it wouldn’t be the small expense of the atomizer that would give me cause for concern.

Rather, it’s the ACCOMPANYING aftershave itself.

My understanding is that these atomizers ONLY fit sizes of 400ml, a large bottle indeed. 😳

You are correct.

And, thanks for clarifying!

Buying large sizes of any product to me means THAT is what you'll be using in the foreseeable future. Kilos of soap, half liters of aftershave indicate to me that you've committed to that product for the long haul. This won't help you if you're in the "87+ soaps, creams, razors, aftershave, bowl, blades in my rotation" club. My 400ml of red Proraso will easily last into next year. To me, aftershave is merely a sterilizing/conditioning solution. Light application does this job. Do you like these aftershaves enough to purchase a large bottle? That's a question YOU have to answer... we can't do it for you:wink2:.

Yes this the Red in the old packaging. It’s a fine warm (synthetic) sandalwood scent and I use it in Fall and Winter. I can thoroughly recommend it :thumbsup:
I believe it’s sandalwood mixed with the usual Proraso eucalyptus/menthol mix, or am I OVERSIMPLIFYING it? 🤔

Top Bottom